Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't Print Using Samba. Lpr: Unauthorized  (Read 3341 times)

amrullah

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Can't Print Using Samba. Lpr: Unauthorized
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:46:20 am »
Hi,

I installed zentyal 3.0 32 bit ISO. I got a problem when trying to print from windows client or ubuntu client using smb protocol. I can print from ubuntu client if I use ipp protocol.

I checked samba.log and I found "lpr: Unauthorized" error. If I add the user2 (LDAP user that I used to print) to lpadmin group, I can print using smb protocol. But I don't want to add all LDAP users to that group. AFAIK, Ideally, samba will handle the ACL to the printer and I don't need to add each LDAP user to lpadmin group.

I have set the printer in CUPS as shared printer and allow guest access for that printer in zentyal.

This is not happening in my Zentyal 2.2 server.

I would like to know if any of you encountered the same problem. Any suggestion or solution is really appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:47:22 pm by amrullah »

amrullah

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Print Using Samba. Lpr: Unauthorized
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:41:55 am »
Hi,

Does any one can confirm that printing via SMB protocol works as expected? If so, do you install zentyal from zentyal ISO, or from Ubuntu Server ISO + zenbuntu? I am thinking of reinstalling my zentyal 3.0.

Thanks,

Barrydocks

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »

amrullah

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »
Hi I solved my problem.

I purged CUPS and reinstall it. The Zentyal Printer Sharing need to be installed again as It was uninstalled along with CUPS. Now I can print to my zentyal server from my ubuntu (IPP and SMB) and windows client. I wrote the complete information in my blog

http://panemu.com/articles/?p=98&lang=en

Thanks

Kurtis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Can't Print Using Samba. Lpr: Unauthorized
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:52:43 am »
Hi I think I am also having the same problem as you. I have purged cups as you did and reinstalled cups and printer sharing but no luck. Can print using ipp but not smb :(... Any suggestions?

http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,13796

Many thanks