Author Topic: Latest updates, now cannot login to Zentyal  (Read 2481 times)

FastLaneJB

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Latest updates, now cannot login to Zentyal
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:30:51 am »
Hi,

I've put the latest updates on and rebooted the host last night. This morning I noticed the web server isn't working. So I go to log into the Zentyal 3 server and I cannot log into it with any user account. So I'm locked out of the server.

The passwords of the accounts I'm trying are definitely right but none of them are working. Something in one of the updates has broken the local server authentication so I cannot get into Zentyal.

I'll have to try recovery mode when I can get a chance and see what's up with the authentication. I'd warn people to hang fire on the latest updates currently.

Sam Graf

Re: Latest updates, now cannot login to Zentyal
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »
Thank you for reporting your experience. There have been a flurry of reports about updates creating various problems, some more severe than others. Some bug reports have been filed. We will need to get some developer feedback before a clear picture of the problem or problems can be reported.

In the meantime, it does seem like a good idea at least to be selective about what updates get applied, whether they are system or Zentyal updates.

cejack

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:59:31 pm »
Similar current experience.  Can't login to my server and this is the production file server.   

Been running Zentyal for over a year now and it's been rock solid up to now.  I'm running Zentyal 2.2X. 

This is bad.  I ran some updates and rebooted and now cannot log into my server.

Any ideas or troubleshooting suggestions?

I can ping the server which is waiting at the login screen. 

However, my user name and password just cycle the login screen and I get rejected. 

Can't SSH into the server either.  Password does not work now. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:11:14 am by cejack »

qmic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »
When this issue will be resolved? Cannot login here too, cannot update also.

Sam Graf

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »
That issue was resolved before year's end. It looks like a new problem has arisen with similar symptoms. I cannot test this myself at the moment, regrettably (am not at the office), so I can't add anything beyond what is said in the most recent reports.

qmic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:59 pm »
Thank`s for quick reply , where I should report these problems? And what information i should provide I`ve searched forum for resolution but nothing is directly related. I have done some investigation, but i don`t know what to begin with.
At this moment  i cannot login to zentyal, cannot update zentyal (hanging zentyal-core dpkg configure, and zentyal-dns), and also i had problems with running samba (which i`ve resolved by myself - ldb module version mismatch).

For me version 3 is completely unstable, every update bring me new problems. 

Sam Graf

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »
Indeed, several people have reported some very odd behavior from Zentyal 3. I'm not sure what the direct cause (or causes, more likely) is.

I suggest reporting the things you are experiencing as bugs: http://trac.zentyal.org/newticket . I also suggest that you make a separate ticket for every problem and provide as much detail as you can on that per-problem basis. The developers can better consider a ticket a duplicate of something than to split a single ticket into distinct issues.

Thank you for taking valuable time to report the problems. I know that that doesn't help you out of your immediate jam, but it's the most direct way to get developer attention.

absinth

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:18 pm »
Same problems here, although I can still SSH into Zentyal. Ran an apt-get upgrade and cannot see my web page anymore. I am using Zentyal as a router/security appliance for my home network BTW. I still can access the internet, but my web administration page is down. I have tried restarting the apache2 service and restarting the system but no dice. I am not trying to hijack the thread but rather add to it. I do show the following error when I restart Zentyal though (not sure if this helps or not):

Error loading class: EBox::Monitor: Base class package EBox:SysInfo::Observer is empty. (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first, or make that module available @INC ......<continued @INC listings....>...at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Monitor.pm line 32
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Monitor.pm on line 32
Compilation failed in require at (eval 129) line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 129) line 2.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:21:47 pm by absinth »

Sam Graf

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »
Hi, and welcome!

And thank you much for adding to our little store of knowledge.

ArchW

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:19 pm »
I'm blocked out too as of this morning. Can't SSH in, can't log in, nothing. Help!

Sam Graf

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »
I have heard nothing new about possible causes for this problem and I don't know how widespread it is. I am going to "sticky" the topic for a while, though.

ArchW

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:22 pm »
I had to reboot it twice (via the power button). The second time it came back up fine. Its running as a virtual machine (under Esxi 5.1) and I did notice something odd. If I look at the performance graph over the last two hours (before I rebooted it), you can see the processor is pegged in that session to 100% however right now, its barely even registering.

Also, in the for what its worth department, this is the same machine that I've filed bug reports on in the past. Every once in a while, it will stop serving proxy requests from clients. I have to go to the proxy filter setup and change it from permissive to disabled (or disabled to permissive) and then save the configuration. Once its saved, the proxy requests start working again. When it died this morning, it was in the middle of a user using a browser.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:08:45 pm by ArchW »

Sam Graf

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 07:38:29 pm »
Interesting. I guess I'm going to have to fire up my 3.0 test server (a physical machine; it's been shut down for a couple of weeks), let it update, and see what happens.

Sam Graf

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:44 pm »
OK, started up the server and installed all (lots of) updates, including three Zentyal component updates. Rebooted, as is my custom when there is a kernel update. Everything appears to be normal. :-\