Author Topic: [SOLVED] User not showing up in users list  (Read 2104 times)

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] User not showing up in users list
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »
Hi there,
During Zentyal 3.0's installation, I had to create a username and password for the Zentyal administration user. This user account was also created on the Linux system itself, as it has a home directory etc, and I can login with it.
However, when I go to the user list under Zentyal Administration, it doesn't appear there?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:07:32 am by reano »

robb

Re: User not showing up in users list
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »
The userlist in Zentyal Administratioon webgui are LDAP useraccounts. The account you created when you installed Zentyal is a local useraccount.

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »
Ahh I see - stupid question: is there a way to "convert" a local user account to an LDAP account? Because I have a local user account now, let's call it "xyz", but I need to have the LDAP user account "xyz" as well in order for the mail directory etc to work as intended.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:23:40 pm by reano »

robb

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:06 pm »
Delete the local user, enable PAM and recreate the user in Users webgui. With PAM enabled, you can use local services with the account.

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:50:49 pm »
Ah thanks - if I delete the local user, though, won't Zentyal's web administration have an issue with that, as that is the user that I log in with on the web admin?

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:12:58 am »
I don't usually bump posts, but this issue is a bit urgent - anyone have an idea how to get around the fact that Zentyal 3 web admin is accessed with the local user account that I now have to delete?

christian

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 11:19:20 am »
It looks like your request is a bit more complex, if I read it correctly.
Your goal is not only to "delete" Zentyal admin account in order create same account as Zentyal user but, I suppose, you expect this account still to be Zentyal admin isn't it?

If no, then just create new Zentyal admin account, delete this one and create Zentyal user. I don't see where problem is  ???
Am I wrong with may guess?

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »
Well, the problem is that I can't manage to create another Zentyal admin account. At all. I created a user called zentyaladmin, added it to the sudo group (there is no admin group on this version of Ubuntu) as well as the root group - but I can't log into the Zentyal web interface with it at all - it keeps on telling me "incorrect password".

christian

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:34 pm »
I don't know the very detail of this. It would require some reverse engineering  :-[
However, you should look at these groups:
adm, sudo, ldapadmin

I don't think root group is required.  ???

robb

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »
I have seen the same problem as reano is describing: when you create a local user that previously existed on LDAP, and you add the sudo, adm and ldapadmin groups, when you try to login the web interface, you get 'incorrect password'

Is this because only 1 user can be used as administrator on the community version? What would cause other users can't be added as admin account? (can 1 of the devs answer this?)

christian

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 04:57:01 pm »
Correct, I forgot it. We even have discussed this together.
I though reano was also deleting the previous admin to add it as "Zentyal user"... but didn't kept in mind this difference between community and other versions.

reano

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 12:05:13 am »
Ah seems it's limited to one local user. Either way, my workaround was to create a separate local user to access Zentyal and delete the original one, which I set up as LDAP. Thanks guys :)

christian

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 06:31:58 am »
If issue is solved, please modify first post title and stamp it as [SOLVED]  ;)