Author Topic: Traffic-shaping in bridged mode not working  (Read 1423 times)

joostini

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Traffic-shaping in bridged mode not working
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:44:04 pm »
Hello,

I configured the box in bridged mode. Now i want to use Traffic Shapping. Here for you must set the Interface Rates. I can set br1(bridge 1) and eth2  (de box has ETH2 and ETH3)

When i want to configure a rule it says that the interface rate from ETH3 was not been configured. And i cant pick it in the list of interfaces @ interface Rates.

anyone familiar with this problem?

Joost

joostini

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic-shaping in bridged mode not working
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:24 am »
I've misunderstood the configuration. I see that only the external interfaces must be set at a rate limit. So thats ok.

But ive created some rules now. I created a test rule for limiting FTP and have it set to 1KB/s just for test. So now i want to download an iso from an ftp server. And still ik goes with 5 MB's. It should be 1Kb/s.

Why is it nog working ?

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic-shaping in bridged mode not working
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:11:18 pm »
I haven't used Zentyal in bridged mode, but from earlier experiences I can say that a "bridge" as such is transparent to the network devices.
The network cards, once added to the bridge, looses their properties and thus it could be possible that shaping doesn't work in bridge mode.

Nevertheless, as a rule the external interface controls the upload, the internal interface the download.

Cheers.   
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...