Author Topic: What is the best way to mapping shares in Ubuntu Machines ?  (Read 1671 times)

EvanderHolyfield

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
What is the best way to mapping shares in Ubuntu Machines ?
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:41:39 pm »

Hello friends, I am looking for something to easily manage samba SHARES.I think Ebox is THE SOLUTION.
Currently I have a network of Ubuntu machines and Windows machines. I have no domain or anything like that. Single file server. The windows machines  mapping a letter in windows standard mode , I put the password and check in remember password and voilá.
But in ubuntu linux machines, had been doing some magic with the fstab mounting shares via smbfs, cifs and all those things until I get tired of juggling with the permits. I said Ebox is my solution.
Therefore, I am in doubt how to make connections with clients linux.
If I connect from konqueror or nautilus arrived perfectly: put username and password and ok.
If I want the user does not have to put user and Pasword ever, as I address this?
Or if I must touch the fstab?
I have to create launchers (ubuntu) If this is the solution, I dont know how save password.
I like the idea of having some litle text file to touch via ssh and do it in each user. I look for their valuable opinions. Thanks, I have faith in Ebox ..