Author Topic: 2.3 beta [samba 4] saving file server (domain controller)  (Read 4275 times)

DogManCat

2.3 beta [samba 4] saving file server (domain controller)
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »
Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 664 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x2406368)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x2429f50)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x24376d8)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x2429f50)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 39

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: 2.3 beta [samba 4] saving file server (domain controller)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:49 am »
It is a known problem (we have't implemented the password validator in the UI yet), as you can see in the log:

_ldb.LdbError: (19, '0000052D: Constraint violation - check_password_restrictions: the password does not meet the complexity criteria!')

It should work if you pick a password with uppercase/lowercase letters and numbers
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

DogManCat

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:16 am »
No probs as when I saw samba4 I sprinted. I did change the password to password which is my usual demo password.

The system updates lists everything twice but when you upgrade all is ok.

I found networking problems and didn't search far but just rebooted on each occasion.

I have been using Ubuntu and windows so little that I have just realised that I don't have a pro edition to connect to a domain. So I will sort something out later today.

I just wondered with an LTS release in april and the speed you guys are going at. Do you think you might have a release before sept?

PS webgui seems much faster
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:22:33 am by DogManCat »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:00 am »
No, the release date will be September no matter the speed, we need a couple of months of freeze period to focus on stability, documentation, etc.

Thanks for your feedback.

ian

• Community Council Member
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Familie site
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »
The recent update of the release 2.3.3, gives problems updating the settings for the domain controller.
It is not possible to change the domain name etc.

Best regards,
Ian

kernevil

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

UdoB

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
No, the release date will be September no matter the speed, we need a couple of months of freeze period to focus on stability, documentation, etc.

ACK. For my point-of-view stability is the the key to success.

Best regards from Germany.
Udo

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »
It is a known problem (we have't implemented the password validator in the UI yet), as you can see in the log:

_ldb.LdbError: (19, '0000052D: Constraint violation - check_password_restrictions: the password does not meet the complexity criteria!')

It should work if you pick a password with uppercase/lowercase letters and numbers

We have already released a new zentyal-samba 2.3.3 package which includes this fix.