Author Topic: E-mail aliases to external address  (Read 8351 times)

decibel83

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
E-mail aliases to external address
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »
Hi.
Is it possible with Zentyal to configure a local e-mail address as an alias to an external e-mail address?

Thank you very much!
Bye.

PsyFii

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: E-mail aliases to external address
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:16 am »
Are you asking how to setup a local email address on the local Zentyal domain so that when email is sent to the local alias it is forwarded via an external email account and when email is retrieved from that external account, it is forwarded to the local alias on the Zentyal domain?

decibel83

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:59:50 am »
Yes, I am asking how to setup a local email address on the local Zentyal domain so that when email is sent to the local alias it is forwarded to an external email account, but I don't need that when email is retrieved from that external account, it is forwarded to the local alias on the Zentyal domain.

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:49 pm »
Mail -> Virtual Domains -> External aliases iirc?

PsyFii

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »
Great! I use this feature on one of my Zentyal 2.0 boxes.

I could retype it all but it is quite well written about here -->> http://doc.zentyal.org/en/mail.html and is straight forward enough to implement.

Scroll down to the section labelled 'E-mail account creation through virtual domains'.

Hope that this helps.

PS. Under 'settings' there is an option 'Send a copy of all mail domains'. This is essentially a 'Catch-all' mailbox for the virtual domain.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:29:23 pm by PsyFii »

donmay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »
hello guys please i know that probably someone has answered this question before but i could not find the answer so i need your help desperately.

I configured zentyal to use an internal domain of fresh.lan.
I also used the smarthost feature so that all mails going out of my zentyal box use my hosting providers ip address and a particular username account and password authentication.

my problem is that when mails are been sent to people the email address of eg....teacher@fresh.lan is been used as the sender and not teacher@googlemail.com(as an example)..Please how do i correct this problem...how do i configure zentyal so that every email from individual users on my zentyal server that is leaving the server gets the fresh.lan removed and googlemail.com appended....?

Thank you

donmay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »
Please i will be grateful if someone could help me with this problem!?