Author Topic: [SOLVED] Windows 7 netlogon Folder Redirection w\Zentyal 2.2x  (Read 5342 times)

cornfeed

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Windows 7 netlogon Folder Redirection w\Zentyal 2.2x
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:06:18 am »
First, hello. I am glad to join the community.
Second, I have been having a tough time getting a folders redirected properly.

Scenario:
Zentyal 2.2.5, fully upgraded, acting as PDC with roaming profiles
9 Windows 7 clients
4 Windows Vista Clients

Goal:
Roaming Profiles with folder redirection to reduce network congestion.
Folder Redirection should be handled in a central location, in this case, probably, netlogon\logon.bat

Done so far:
Zentyal is installed and a Windows 7 Professional test machine can join the network without problem.
Realized that only zentyal-logon.bat is called
Tried script to set
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="H:\Documents"
which propagates, but does not achieve the goal of redirecting the documents folder.

I would like to use the network drive that has already been mounted because this will save me from getting errors in relation to UNC paths.

Thanks in advance
-cornfeed
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:02:44 pm by cornfeed »

cornfeed

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Re: Windows 7 netlogon Folder Redirection w\Zentyal 2.2x
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
For anyone that ends up reading this (even though we have switched to zentyal 3.0)

What ended up working was using Kixtart to set the shell folder re-directions to the %logonserver%

My problem was that I set the redirection to the H:\ network share, but when a cached profile would login, it would try to load that redirect before actually processing the script that even mounts H:\

So using the windows environment variable to %LOGONSERVER% instead of H:\ did the trick beautifully!

For Example:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="\\%LOGONSERVER%\Documents"

But, I figured it out a week before 3.0, so I am mostly posting to be thorough.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:03:51 pm by cornfeed »