Author Topic: Router/Gateway  (Read 3461 times)

brandonm

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Router/Gateway
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:49 am »
Okay, I will try to explain everything that I have done and what IS working.  The internal network works fine accessing the FTP server, when it comes to a browser through the http protocol, websites will work IF you type in the ip address of the website.  If you click another link of the website it does not work.  To me it seems that the DNS server is just not responding correctly but I have included DNS servers in the settings. Also on the actual server/gateway computer the browser accessing websites work fine because it is directly connected to the external network which is a campus network.  I hope this helps clear what is wrong.

christian

Re: Router/Gateway
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:57 am »
This shows that you are not using HTTP proxy or, as I wrote earlier, that another non-transparent proxy exists somewhere in your network. In addition, you tell us that you added DNS but I don't understand where.

1 - Are you using DHCP? If yes, are you pushing Zentyal as DNS server for DHCP clients? If yes, is it effective (I mean configured as such at client level)?
2 - (again) what's about HTTP proxy settings?without visibility on this, any answer will be almost useless  :-[

What I suggest, now that you have explained faulty behaviour, is that you describe what is configured at Zentyal level.