Author Topic: [SOLVED]Samba broken after upgrade to 2.2  (Read 2255 times)

fuse

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]Samba broken after upgrade to 2.2
« on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:50 am »
Hello,
Yesterday night i have been upgrading some servers from 2.0 to 2.2 using the migration tool, and same is working funky.

Every time i try to access a share i can correctly browse its contents but cannot execute whats inside giving the error, Access to the device, path or file has been denied.

I have checked the permission and created a guest folder, i can create files but not read, when using getfacl i have the correct permissions set.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:55:39 pm by onze »

c4rdinal

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Samba broken after upgrade to 2.2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:29:11 am »
Any errors recorded in logs that might give us a clue on what happened in the background?

Also, you can try to recreate the share and all the permission and transfer some of the files? See what will happen.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:30:55 am by c4rdinal »

jjm1982

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »
Try rebooting one of the servers. I experienced a very similar issue and rebooting the server corrected it.

fuse

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »
Hello,
There are no errors on the logs and the upgrade went smoothly.
Also have rebooted the server and nothing new.

After requesting support from Zentyal staff they where able to troubleshoot the problem, and relate it to the antivirus module that was disable in the modules page before the upgrade process to 2.2.

I have another server that where in the same conditions (2.0 and antivirus module disable in the modules page) and the upgrade process haven't caused a samba break as this one did, did you have any other similar problems running the upgrade?