Author Topic: dhcp with dynamic dns - saving settings fails  (Read 2792 times)

sil

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
dhcp with dynamic dns - saving settings fails
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:38:04 pm »
hi,

i'm a new user of zentyal and i'm trying to setup a basic dhcp server with dynamic dns. which as far as i understand it, should be fairly easy. the problem is, when i activate dynamic dns in the corresponding tab in the dhcp section and press the red "save changes" button the progressbar gets stuck at 50% (saving dns settings).

here is more information about my setup:

• zential 2.2 fresh installation with "infrastructure" package, no updates as a virtualbox vm using bridged networking
  • one network card: eth0, 10.0.0.1/8, netmask: 255.0.0.0, gw 10.0.0.1/8
  • dhcp enabled, one range: 10.0.4.1 - 10.0.4.254
  • dns enabled, one domain: bla.com
  • dhcp dynamic settings: static and dynamic search domains are set to zentyal-dns -> bla.com

i found out that there is a process running at 100% cpu called "global-action". i can kill this process but saving the settings again will result in another "global-action" process at 100%. if i reboot the vm it doesn't come up anymore. it gets stuck at "Starting Zentyal module: audit" and the process "S20zentyal" uses 100% cpu.

i tried this with an older vm after some updates and with a fresh one. always the same problem. i hope somebody can help me figure this out. it might just be my fault misunderstanding something, at least i hope so.

br, simon

pctc2

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: dhcp with dynamic dns - saving settings fails
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:29:08 pm »
I am also having this issue.

Zentyal 2.2.4
3 NICS (eth0: 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0, eth1: 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0, eth2: gateway nic)
dhcp enabled: 10.1.1.1 - 10.1.1.255
dns and dhcp dynamic settings enabled like OP.

My system gets stuck at the same place (50% saving dns settings), and I have reinstalled and tried fresh 3 times. Bug in the perl script?

Ishmayeck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem and googling isn't turning up anything. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the logs... is there any way to see exactly what it's getting hung up on?

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:21:05 pm »
if you kill named by hand and save changes again, does it work then?

Ishmayeck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:25:29 pm »
That doesn't seem to make any difference. Named does immediately respawn with a new pid, and stopping the bind9 init script doesn't have any effect. I also tried deactivating the DNS module in the web interface (not sure if Zentyal would automatically enable it when saving changes, but it never gets that far.)

Is there any way to raise the logging level, to see where exactly it's hanging up?

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:44 pm »
debug=yes on /etc/zentyal/zentyal.conf and /etc/init.d/zentyal apache restart, see then on /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log.