Author Topic: Installing software on zentyal  (Read 2612 times)

zimbodel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Installing software on zentyal
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:56:21 am »
When I installed zentyal it had a nice interface showing all the software I can install.
At that time I selected firewall and nothing else.

Now as I want to install more, there is no way to get back to that interface.
Anyone has a clue how to get to that browser page again?

I copied the browser url at the time, but now it just gives me the control panel and not a page with all the software available.

TropiRed

• Zen Apprentice
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
Re: Installing software on zentyal
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:04:59 am »
Are you for sure logged in with the right "powers", or did you create a user account from where you now login?

To the left in the panel there should be a number of menu items, can you see and click through them to find modules and similar?

Look here : http://trac.zentyal.org/screenshots and tell me you have the second screen available "Dashboard". If you do, then follow the rows down to the left until you find Software Management. There you will find the treasures.

//Mike
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:08:39 am by TropiRed »

zimbodel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:37:37 am »
No I a, logged in with my account that I created as I installed and which I can sudo to rootuser if I want.
The page that is missing is the module selections, which is what I am looking for.
"http://trac.zentyal.org/screenshots/14?format=raw"

Sam Graf

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:46:23 am »
What you want, post installation, is to use the Software Management tools, as TropiRed described. This should be available from the menu at the left side of the administration interface. You can install anything from Software Management that you can during the initial setup without using the command line.

zimbodel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »
Ok I see what the problem is.
The default is advanced mode. I now saw the tab at the top which shows basic mode and when I clicked that I got the page.