Author Topic: Virtual interfaces are showing down  (Read 2034 times)

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Virtual interfaces are showing down
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:36:03 am »
With the arrival of 2.0.21, i see that in the dashboard page as long as and in network-interfaces page, the virtual ip's i had in my interfaces, are now have their own icon-tab.

For example,i had in eth1 a primary ip 192.168.1.1 and a virtual one, named "management" with ip 192.168.2.1.

Now, in dashboard page i get the eth1 interface with BOTH ip's written on it and it says "up,internal,link ok".

Below that, i got a new interface icon labeled "eth1:management" and AGAIN the 2 ip's BUT IN STATUS I GET "down,internal"

Is it normal?Is it a bug?As far as i can see,virtual interfaces are working fine in terms of port forwarding etc.but further tests i will conduct tomorrow...

And something else. Since the system has updated to 2.0.21 has a strange behaviour that suddenly and WITHOUT any terminals connected on it(it's midnoght so everybody is away from the company)system loads climbs and the all system is very slow on its reaction!Web interface is getting very slow, pc that has the server as gateway connects to internet very slow etc. Suddenly and without any visible changes, system loads drops and the system gets very stable and quick.

Is it something eith the 2.0.21? In 2.0.20 i had almost 3 months uptime and working just fine...

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Virtual interfaces are showing down
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:45:45 am »
This should be already fixed: http://trac.zentyal.org/changeset/21955

You can patch your /usr/share/perl5/EBox/NetWrappers.pm file adding the line in the above commit. Anyway, a new libebox 2.0.13 package will be published asap.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual interfaces are showing down
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »
ok. the interfaces problem is solved. What about the other problem?Has any reports made for the same strange behaviour? System load climbs in nearly 15 without any reason and after about 15 minutes it gets back to normal.This circle is being continued since the upgrade of 2.0.21...