Author Topic: Error to configure PDC in Zentyal 2.0  (Read 3742 times)

collisionsystm

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Error to configure PDC in Zentyal 2.0
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »
You are trying to run before you can walk ;-)
Joining a domain requires that absolutely everything underneath is properly configured and running smoothly, however DNS is not working, so this is what we must solve first.

My assumptions are that you have installed and configured DNS on Zentyal, and that your server is "servidor".
You should configure you server to be able to use 127.0.0.1 as its nameserver. Make sure that it works.
Set DHCP and ensure that the parameters are correct, and that it passes your Zentyal server as the DNS to the clients.
Once this is done, connect a client to the network. Make sure that it gets the IP and that the new default domain and nameserver are your Zentyal server.

Yes, make sure you check your WINS. It needs to be the zentyal. DNS doesnt matter for joining the domain, only recognizing entries in zentyal. WINS is the most important.

root should be disabled. Don't use it. Instead build a user in your zentyal and give them samba admin rights from the web interface. That user will have permissions to join someone to the domain.

felipemb

• Zen Monk
  • La base del conocimiento + experiencia = TODOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »
If my problem is the DNS service. But not is because...

The first reason to use Zentyal Vs Win2003 is the subject of the license, the Cost Vs Benefits is very high and the security is better also.

For this reason and more, i decided to change my Win2003 services to Zentyal, is a fantastic Software and i think take the course "Administrator Network" and then certify me.

I will continue making changes and testing for my server this 100% working in the coming days.

Best regards
Siempre con la mente clara!

felipemb

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »
Hi collisionsystm,

My WINS server is 192.168.100.100 is the same as the DNS. The value WINS is taken by my client pc (Windows XP SP3)

A question:

.When Windows XP i join the PDC, it asks me a username and password, which i use? the username and password to access to Zentyal Web interface? or the username that i create ex. Username:test and password:12345? because none works. Always get me a username and password error.

Best Regards

felipemb

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
(SOLVED) Error to configure PDC in Zentyal 2.0
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »
OK Finally i could join the pcs to my PDC........  :) :) :) :)

The solution:

1. Reinstall the Zentyal on Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS
2. Configure only the modules that i need, in advanced options
3. My name server is "ubuntu" and the ip is "192.168.100.100"
4. Configure my range DHCP 192.168.100.10 - 192.168.100.99
5. Configure my primary DNS: 127.0.0.2 secondary: ip server "192.168.100.100" and my ISP ips
6. Configure my PDC: "empresa.sml"
7. Create a user with administrator permissions "admin" and use this for join to my PDC (This was my mistake, i used the same user for manage Zentyal interface and this does not work)
8. In the properties of network of Windows XP SP3, select the option "Domain" and i put "empresa.sml" and use my user "admin" and password
9. Ready!!! everything running
10. QUESTION: Zentyal is used to establish group policies (GPO)?

I appreciate your time and answers, in special to Josep THANKS!!

SOLVED THIS THREAD