Author Topic: Help in ntop configuration  (Read 3495 times)

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Help in ntop configuration
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:29 am »
Hi there

i do not know if anyone can help me...

I have ntop installed on my zentyal machine. My configuration is this:

Zentyal machine is used as a gateway. I has 3 interfaces eth0, eth1 and eth2.

eth2 is on lan side(every pc on lan has as default gateway ip, the ip of zentyal on this interface.)

eth0 and eth2 are both connected to a switch. On this switch are also connecte the 2 routers we've got, so zentyal communicates with these routers(each interface with one router, through this switch).

So all the traffic from lan goes in zentyal from eth2 and goes out to the routers from eth1 and eth0 , according to what traffic balance rule is taking place...

I have ntop monuitoring the eth2 interface but i do get wrong counting on http measure. Both our routers together gives a total maximum traffic of 6Mbps, but ntop counts 150kb...

Even though i have some pc's on the lan in full downloading(and they get the full bandwidth that aour lines can give)ntop is not giving this...

Can someone help me on that???

Thnks!

robb

Re: Help in ntop configuration
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
As I read your post, Eth0 and Eth2 are on the SAME switch. This means that your LAN has a direct connection to your routers (unless you have a managed switch and made different VLans). If your LAN accesses the switch on which Eth0 is connected, your gateway is bypassed. You have to fysicly seperate your LAN and your routers with your Zentyal machine.

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Help in ntop configuration
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:34:37 pm »
How is my gateway bypassed as long as ALL the pc's in my lan, has an ip that connects them to zentyal's eth2, as a gateway?

In ntop's ip throughput, i can see just fine the traffic every pc has,individually. In the main screen of ntop is the problem, http traffic is not summarized!