Author Topic: not work LDAP and Shares  (Read 4269 times)

zad

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
not work LDAP and Shares
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:07:42 pm »
i try to open Users and Groups-> Users or some else and see error.
Sorry, an unexpected error has ocurred
FATAL: Couldn't connect to LDAP server: ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd%2fldapi

Trace
FATAL: Couldn't connect to LDAP server: ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd%2fldapi at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 1124
EBox::Ldap::safeConnect('ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd%2fldapi') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 158
EBox::Ldap::anonymousLdapCon('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xbb94cad8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 222
EBox::Ldap::dn('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xbb94cad8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 481
EBox::UsersAndGroups::groupsDn('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xbb8ab2f0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1845
EBox::UsersAndGroups::groups('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xbb8ab2f0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/UsersAndGroups/Users.pm line 48
EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::Users::_process('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::Users=HASH(0xbac64398)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::Users=HASH(0xbac64398)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'UsersAndGroups/Users', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 35
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xbc9969a0)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xbaf116d8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xbaf116d8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xbc9969a0)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: not work LDAP and Shares
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:22:27 am »
sudo /etc/init.d/ebox users restart

exekias

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bug Theory
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
Hi Zad,

You can check if LDAP is running or not, probably it is not working:

Code: [Select]
ps aux | grep slapd
If is not running you can use the command jsalamero said to [re]start it.

Please tell us if that worked for you, and don't forget to mark the topic as solved ;)

roland.adam

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 01:37:27 pm »
The command above doesn't solve the problem;
user@host:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/ebox users restart
 * Restarting Zentyal module: users                                                                             [fail]
FATAL: Couldn't connect to LDAP server: ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd%2fldapi

Anything else?

roland.adam

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:40:51 pm »
That's work;

sudo /etc/init.d/slapd restart
 ;)

rsradova

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:55:28 pm »
I'm having the same error, showing that the users and samba modules fail to start. Going through the web-based manager, I get the identical - "failed to connect to ldap" error.

The ebox.log file shows a pile of "Ldap.pm:112x Ebox::Ldap::safeConnect - Couldn't connect to LDAP server" errors.

Wierdly, everything was working fine, and then I installed a second server running an identical configuration of Zentyal on the server (to see if I could run two file servers at the same time, but not in a Master / Slave type configuration).

As soon as both boxes were put on line, sharing stopped working, and straight logging into the boxes normally (i.e. through a shell) or turning root takes forever at the password validation stage. This got me thinking there is an LDAP issue.

I've removed both servers from the network, restarted them while disconnected, and logons through shell are still long (+30 seconds). I figured maybe it was a dns lookup issue ... but with the box disconnected there should be no place to look further right?

Running "ps aux | grep slapd" indicates slapd is running, but running "/etc/init.d/ebox restart" shows the Zentyal restarts everything except "users" and "samba"

I should add I also ran "/etc/init.d/slapd restart" prior to restarting ebox...

Any suggestions? This is the latest Zentyal running on Ubuntu 11.04 ...

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:02:36 pm by rsradova »

friendhpk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://hpk.co.in
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »
I am having exactly the same problems. Any solutions? I am also on Ubuntu 11.04. Tried both Zentyal 2.0 and 2.1 (beta), both are giving exactly the same problem. Any solutions?

Berend.Zanting

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »
I think you have to go back to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. LDAP and Zentyal 2.0 are working fine with that.

friendhpk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://hpk.co.in
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »
Have tried that too... not working :( Finally I settled on giving up Zentyal altogether. Now installing every thing manually :(