Author Topic: Zentyal causes oracle forms web site problem...  (Read 4871 times)

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Zentyal causes oracle forms web site problem...
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:49:24 pm »
Hello all,

we are using zentyal as our gateway. It is connected with our 2 router via eth0 and eth1(external links) and our lan is connected to eth2.

Some of our clients are using a web application that is oracle web forms along with java etc.
After the do login in this application an error occur. The message error is:

I did some research on the net about the problem and it seems that something is wrong with the communication of the web server, something like it asks for very smaal timeout etc.
In fact some mention that something like the above should be changed...

... iThen, under the line <restart timeout="720" retry="2"/>
add: <ping timeout="300" interval="20"/>....

When i connect the clients DIRECTLY to our routers, the web applications runs very nice, that's why i am ending in zentyal...

I've checked firewall logs but nothing strange there.
Is it a firewall issue Can someone help me on the rules section?(No rule have been added yet)
Could it be the proxy? I am running it in transparent mode...

Please help...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:44:37 pm by xtrgeo »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Zentyal causes oracle forms web site problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »
Do you have the traffic shaping module enable? If answer is affirmative, please show us your rules configuration.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »
Thnks for the reply..

No i do not have it enabled, as far as i can understand from the picture below..

Of course, in the rules section of traffic shaping, there is no rule for neither of the interfaces...

i can give u some screen shots from my rules of the firewall if u want,it is not a problem.
If u need something else from my configuration, please ask me i will provide it in order to have a solution on the issue...

Thnks again
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:01:00 pm by xtrgeo »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »
If you have two routers I suppose you have the balance traffic option enabled. Could you check if the problem still occurs if you temporarily disable that option?

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »
Yes, i do have this option enabled...

Althought it seems a bit strange for this causing the issue, I'll try it now...

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:05:09 am »
Yes it seems it is working now..

It is really strange...

But, one of the main reasons i use zentyal is the traffic balance option...

Is there any solution that will give me the option to use the traffic balance option?

What if i make a multigateway rule for those clients only?
I can make them an object, cause they all are on a signle block of ip's. But what is the service they use for this? HTTP software?

I repeat, if there is another solution that will not make me deal with multigateway rules, i would prefer this one...

Edit:

Multigateway rule with object creation DID NOT SOLVE the problem, i get the same again...
I am now with traffic balance disabled, something very unplerasant to me, as it was one of the main reasons for using zentyal...

Is there any other solution?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:36:52 am by xtrgeo »

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 05:31:04 pm »
Any idea on why traffic balance causes the above problem, even if a multigateway rule for the specific clients(in order to always use only the one router)is enabled??

As soon as i enable the trafic balance module, the specific clients gets the above message(-this form is trying to connect to server 5 times(this try lasts almost something less than 5 seconds).

Could u explain how trafic balance works and why this happens?

Thnks

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:07:58 pm »
Could you show us a screenshot of your multigateway rules?

In theory traffic balance should work without problem and track the connections to send their packets always through the same gateway, we haven't received other reports similar to yours.

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 07:53:53 pm »
In fact, after hours of testing i found that multigateway rules, does work very well, whether trafic balance is enabled or disabled.

The problem is quite strange cause i cannot determine the exact reason.Sometimes, with the trafic balance enabled and the multigateway rule for those clients enabled, the problem appears after 1 or hours, but it appears.

Sometimes, having the trafic balance disabled and the rule enabled and the clients connected and working, as soon as i enable trafic balance, the message error comes on directly.

Right now i disabled the traffic balance and i do have the multigateway rule enabled(i've tested it with both our gateways)and i am waiting to see if the message appears...

Multigateway rules are below. U can see some of them are disabled,cause they were ther just for testing purposes. The one that i care about is the one with the check mark and the detailed photo..

Any other help would be much appreciated...thnks...

and in case u need it...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:51:32 am by xtrgeo »

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »
any news on that??

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 04:20:15 am »
If you are using the HTTP proxy, the multigateway rules must take that into account. Define one for any source and destination your webforms server.

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »
Thnks for the reply.

Yes, I am using the HTTP proxy. Could u be more specific on what multi-gateway rules should i create?

The scenario is that only few of the clients connects to that server(which is an outside server,not in my lan, ok?).

These clients are all on the same subnet (10.150.9.0/24) so i can easy create rules for them. But what exactly multi-gateway rules should i create, BEFORE enabling the traffic balance?

Please help me on that cause it is a bit critical for me...

Thnks again and i'll be waiting for your news!

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »
up!

exekias

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bug Theory
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »
Hi xtrgeo,

If the application is going through the proxy (it's using port 80) your redirections are not correct. Take into account that real traffic is coming from the proxy machine, Zentyal itself.

Have you tried to change the multigw rule to apply to traffic coming out from Zentyal? You can specify the traffic by defining destination target on the rule (if you don't do that rule will apply to all the traffic coming out from Zentyal).

Best regards

xtrgeo

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
First of all, thnk u for the reply.

Hi xtrgeo,

If the application is going through the proxy (it's using port 80) your redirections are not correct. Take into account that real traffic is coming from the proxy machine, Zentyal itself.

I use trasparent proxy, don't know if this is an issue, but i do not think so..I have one rule though in the proxy, maybe it is useful to see...The domain name is the one that holds this server...

Have you tried to change the multigw rule to apply to traffic coming out from Zentyal?

How exactly i should do that?

You can specify the traffic by defining destination target on the rule (if you don't do that rule will apply to all the traffic coming out from Zentyal).

Best regards

From what i can understand the all issue is to create a specific multigateway rule. Right?
Do i have to configure something else on the zentyal?any other rule?http proxy rule?

If, lets' say the ip of the server that my clients reaches in order to use this $#$#apllication is 58.25.65.48, then HOW should i configure my rule or anything else????

Is there something i need to change on my firewall settings???

Below are my current multigateway rules with traffic balance DISABLED. U can see i have one rule with destination this specific server but enabling it was the same result...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:33:21 pm by xtrgeo »