Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zarafa HTML-mail no longer working  (Read 2896 times)

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Zarafa HTML-mail no longer working
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:42:33 pm »
I've recently lost the ability to write HTML-formatted mails in Zarafa. Usually I have it set to use text-format, but a few days ago I need to write a mail with some formatting. Went to preferences, set "Compose mail in this format:" to HTML.

I've fiddled to and from with it the last few days, tried different browsers, reset all webbrowser profiles and plugins, set the "Compose mail..." to text and back, nothing I do seems to help.

The "New Mail" window always shows mail as pure text, without any buttons for formatting.

Has anybody else experienced this?

::Trym
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:06:11 pm by Trym »

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zarafa HTML-mail no longer working
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 09:54:45 pm »
Ok, no responses forthcoming, I guess I'm the only one hit by this.

Anyway, did a "quick" and dirty test.

Installed Zentyal 2.0.3 on a virtual machine disconnected from the internet, set up Zarafa and a user. New mail works as expected, the html-formatting buttons are where they're supposed to be.

Then connected the machine to internet, updated the Zentyal-components, which btw. did not contain any zarafa-updates. Rebooted the machine, html-mail still worked.

Then ran apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade which did mention zarafa webaccess-ajax and zarafa-webaccess-mobile. Rebooted. After restart, new html-mail fails to show any formatting-buttons, html-mail has in effect, disappeared.

Soo.... I guess this update messed up Zarafa's config-files or perhaps something even more important.

Will try to find a reasonably old-config file in a backup and see if that solves anything.

I guess the lesson learned is to stay clear of community updates to Zarafa.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:57:30 pm by Trym »

elektrodampf

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:47:15 pm »
Hi,

I had the same problem and found the solution in den official Zarafa-Forum:
http://forums.zarafa.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6182&p=27874&hilit=html+editor#p27874

The fckeditor is missing. The problem seems to be in den package handling of ubuntu 10.04.
So keep up with the community versions ;)

Best greetings from Germany,

Sebastian

Elektrodampf
- Gesellschaft für Internet-Strategie und -Kommunikation

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:40:21 pm »
Thank you so very much!

Just tried it in a virtual machine, and the html-editor now works again. I'll now go apply the fix to all servers I maintain.

Again, thank you, the nag-factor for this has been very high.

For anyone else who can't wait for an update to fix the last update, here's how to fix it:

Start a shell, type:
Code: [Select]
sudo su

mkdir /fixit
cd /fixit

wget http://download.zarafa.com/community/final/6.40/6.40.5-24860/zcp-source-6.40.5-24860.tgz

tar xf zcp-source-6.40.5-24860.tgz

cp -rf zcp-source-6.40.5-24860/src/php-webclient-ajax/client/widgets/fckeditor/editor /usr/share/zarafa-webaccess/client/widgets/fckeditor/editor

#Html-mail should now work, go test it. Now let's clean up after ourselves.

cd /
rm -fr fixit

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:49:00 pm by Trym »