Author Topic: Desktop not coming up, Command Login  (Read 3904 times)

rk536666

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop not coming up, Command Login
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »
ok. The last time I checked the reports within Zentyal web interface it was showing like 80-90% free. I'm going to check it again. When I installed the OS I used LVM and just assigned the maximum size which is 496GB. How do I handle LVM within Zentyal? Can I just make those adjustments through the admin CLI and Zentyal pick them up? What would be the simpliest commands to check the LVM and then to just expand it to maximum as I guess something could have went screwy during install?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:30:42 pm by rk536666 »

rk536666

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:33 pm »
I have

dev/mapper/mynetwork-home
dev/mapper/mynetwork-root
dev/sda1      /boot

My home got assigned all the space and root only got 6GB. I created an extra backup directory in my root that I assigned the Zentyal backups to run weekly which took up my 6GB. I didn't see where I could delete the backups from the web interface so I just removed the directory I made using the command line. I noticed the web interface was just saying no backups were made. Will this cause any problems?

Once I freed up that space I can login. My login still timed out after 60 seconds and it threw me to the CLI login prompt. Could this have something to do with removing those backup files?

MIB

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »
I've installed zentyal 2 64bit on two machines yesterday and it was running good until I shut down the machines. Now starting them I get no desktop. It just says
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS mailserver tty1
mailserver login:
If I login and type startx I get a blue desktop - but not the typical Zentyal desktop.
How to get this back agian?
thanks
MIB

kamalparyani

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 01:15:38 pm »
according to the following news post on the zentyal.org website this problem is solved in 2.03

New Zentyal 2.0-3 installer available!

2010-12-22 16:45

The development team of Zentyal, the Linux small business server previously know as eBox Platform, is glad to announce the availability of Zentyal 2.0-3 installer! This is a new compilation of all the latest Zentyal packages as well as the last system updates from Ubuntu.

Please note that this installer comes with a new Zentyal Cloud-based feature: you can see a new “Disaster Recovery” entry in the installer menu. This option allows users with a free Basic Server Subscription to automatically install the modules from a previously stored configuration backup and also to restore the configuration itself. Starting from January, full Disaster Recovery functionality will be available for those with Professional and Enterprise subscriptions.

Another mayor change in the installer is the switch from slim to LXDM as display manager – we have opted for this change to avoid crashes of the graphic environment on some systems.

rk536666

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
The only issue I had with the desktop crashing was on login and not being able to write to the /tmp directory. While sudo apt-get clean helped a little it doesn't every time. My issue now is that the 6.5GB I dedicated to the root fs was not enough due to a problem I think with logrotate as my var/log/ folder gets out of hand... primarily  user.log , message, and syslog. I've changed my logrotate to only do 4 days. Now, I've also notice var/lib/ebox/cache gets out of hand with a a duplicity file being written to it. Check to make sure you have space on / or you can't log in. Either way great package and I'm hoping to get the latest package soon.