Author Topic: Zentyal as a transparent bridge mode  (Read 10891 times)

wilhat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal as a transparent bridge mode
« on: November 17, 2010, 11:17:00 pm »
Hi,
Im a newbie in zentyal i just want to know if you already configure zentyal behind your router or firewall.
to use http proxy transparently? like the image below thank you. I already do a cross cable connect
to the port with bridge config and i cant ping the router behind it. what else missing

wilhat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal as a transparent bridge mode
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:19:41 am »
Ok solve my problem q^_^p

For those who want this kind of configuration in your network. i resolve it by doing
1.Install zentyal as Gateway
2.Provide 2 Interface Eth0 / Eth1. choose who will be your External
3.Make sure module (network,http proxy,usergroup,antivirus,l7 filtering) is working and enabled
4.Enable Transparent proxy in http proxy module
4.Modify network (eth0 as Bridge then provide a static IP with your preferred subnet) create new Br1
5.Modify network (eth1 Use bridge then use br1)

Thats it just plug a cross cable from eth1 going to your firewall or router then your Eth0 in you LAN.\

Thanks zentyal ;D

xklones

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:34:05 pm »
Hi, can you please make your post more easy to understand. I have the same issue here. Do I need to use the same IP range like 192.168.3.X/24 on both interface or should the external NIC have a difefrent IP while the internal with a different.

Can I use zentyal as a DNS, Captive Portal and DHCP server if configured in bridge mode?

Please I would be very happy if you can share your configuration with a easy step-by-step tutorial on setting up a bridge mode with zentyal 2.2

Thank you in anticipation...
 :D

christian

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:21:28 am »
Do I need to use the same IP range like 192.168.3.X/24 on both interface

This will never work  :-[

or should the external NIC have a difefrent IP while the internal with a different.
yes, this is mandatory.

Can I use zentyal as a DNS, Captive Portal and DHCP server if configured in bridge mode?
Would you mind explaining what "bridge mode" is and what you expect from this?

xklones

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »
I currently have ISA 2006 as a firewall. I want to use Zentyal as a bridge so I can do some restriction on the ISA base on IP address, schedule time of the day and what ip range should access what website though client PCs are within a workgroup. I have two server which will set at a perimeter network before Zentyal. I want zentyal to provide DNS and DHCP server for internal clients and forward to ISP DNS servers for external lookup queries.

I also want to use zentyal Captive portal, FTP, PDC, Content filtering, Mail filtering.

But if I could restrict access to all websites and allow access to just eternal mail server for a group of ip range or users with zentyal.. I won't need the bridge mode anymore.

Thanks for your reply.