Author Topic: Changing Domain Information  (Read 1512 times)

pwalsh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Changing Domain Information
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:52:46 pm »
Is there a method to change or update the domain information when using ebox as a PDC?  I have this set up in production however I have many odd issues.  Some of which appear to be related to DC information in smb.conf and perhaps other areas where the values are showing "ebox" instead of my domain.  What causes this and how do I correct the domain / ldap information so that everything works properly?

Thanks,

Phillip

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Domain Information
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:14:06 pm »
Hi Philip,

I'm afraid that right now you can't change the hardcoded dc thing. I'm sorry. This is something that needs to be fixed asap. We will fetch the current dc configured by the user or we will let the user to pick one.

Anyway, please check if everything else is fine, becasue even though using that hardcode dc is not a right approach, things should work. Or at least, tell us what the problems are.

Thanks

pwalsh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Domain Information
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:19:25 pm »
Well, I am mostly trying to figure our a permissions issue (samba).  I have "Administrators" that can't change file permissions.  Inheriting and just standard permission modification is acting unreliable at best and often saying permission denied.  I was looking for an actual "Administrator" credential set that could be an authority and change permissions but I can't seem to use the account credentials mapped in samba.conf and I am not sure how safe it is to change them, ie: make my admin@domain use the actual administrator in samba.

Also if you can point me to any configuration or information about the acl itself, maybe it is playing a part, I saw a reference to "inherit" being an option in there.

Thanks,

Phillip