Author Topic: Routing ebox  (Read 1718 times)

wil

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Routing ebox
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:46:51 am »
Hello, I'm Wil and I do maintain a corporate network.
I have a question about EBOX. Can you please help me?

I have a small network with 8 personal computers using an EBOX Server that provides DHCP and FILE SERVER services. Let's call this NETWORK A.

I have also a CORPORATE NETWORK that includes a router connected to the INTERNET. Let's call this NETWORK B.

What I need is to allow the computers in NETWORK A to access to the INTERNET using the router in NETWORK B while still having NETWORK B isolated from NETWORK A.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Routing ebox
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 03:53:01 pm »
Hi,
  I suppose that network B is a external network ( is accessed through a network interface marked as external).
 One solution is:
  add the router in network B as gateway
  create and object for the router and in "Filtering rules for internal networks" allow all traffic to this object.

Cheers,
  Javier

wil

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 02:11:54 pm »
Hola javier, me expresaré en español porque creo que se me entenderá mejor (y por tu nombre creo que tu también lo entiendes).  ;)

Lo que quiero es que los ordenadores de la red A tengan como puerta de enlace el servidor con Ebox, y éste enrute el trafíco que proviene de la red A hacia internet por el router de la red B. ¿Ebox me lo permite?

Gracias; también lo posteo en inglés para la otra gente.

I want computers of network "A" to have as a gateway the server with EBox, and that this server will enroute (send) Internet traffic to router of network "B". Will ebox allow me this function?
Thanks  ;D ;D

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:53 pm »
Hi there wil!

Do you have two interfaces? One connected to the A network and one connected to B network. If so, just set to your hosts in A network as default gateway eBox via your DHCP server configuring "DHCP->Common options->Default gateway->eBox". Add as eBox default gateway router attached to B network via "Network->Gateways->Add new->Type its details and click on default".

If you have one single interface and it may want to isolate both networks. You may need to create VLANs...
My secret is my silence...