Author Topic: Privileges of the Domain Administrator  (Read 1692 times)

nereo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Privileges of the Domain Administrator
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:04:55 pm »
hi everybody,

i created a domain user call "Administrador". It's supposed to have administrator's privileges
(because i checked the box that appears creating a user saying "Administrator privileges").

for example: Login as local administrator i try to change folder privileges. if i want to give privileges for that folder to a domain user, i have to type the name of a domain user with permission to do that, and its password. Entering my domain administrator ("administrador") and its password doesnt work;
and login as Domain administrator i have no privileges to change permissions upon folders. So, maybe i created my administrator wrong.

could you guys help me with this?

thanks a lot

nereo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Privileges of the Domain Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:58:05 pm »
It is Solved! The problem was that we could not have domain users with privileges as local administrators, but just in some installations of eboxes (we install a few eboxes to test them) so we installed another ebox from the begining, creating a domain user with administrator privileges, it worked. And my comp found out that the point when it starts to fail is when we install LAM (Ldap Account Manager) It is in this point when our domain user with administrator privileges becomes a local user instead a local administrator.
the problem might be that ebox and Lam manage them both the system configuration and they may interfer one with another.

Hope this can help anyone that had the same problem

Nereo

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Privileges of the Domain Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
Hi Nereo,

Thanks for posting the solution to your issues. They are very helpful I'll try  promote them to the FAQ section ASAP.

Thanks a lot again!!