Author Topic: Configuring DHCP server  (Read 1868 times)

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Configuring DHCP server
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:25:35 pm »
Hi. I want to "bypass" my sonicwall and move dhcp and dns services to my server. My public IP is 216.x.x.x and my internal is 10.x.x.x on the sonicwall. I have set eth1 as 216.x.x.x and eth0 as 10.2.1.1 and installed dhcp and dns services, but when I hook it up it doesnt work... I dont know what Im missing. I have the wan connected to eth1 and eth0 to the switch (dunno if this is right though)On my dhcp config I have set 10.2.1.1 as default gateway, search domain as none, primary name server is opendns... I just dont know what Im doing wrong....

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: Configuring DHCP server
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:14 am »
You may set a range or a fixed address mapping in your internal interface after enabling the module.

Regarding to the switch, it must allow broadcast packet to forward.
My secret is my silence...

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:39:19 pm »
Ok. The switch allows packet broadcasting. I can get my internet connection on the server through eth1 (my external ip is 216.xxx.xxx.58, but for some reason I havent discovered yet I have to specify 216.xxx.xxx.57 as gateway, otherwise I loose my connection). Eth0 is set as 10.2.1.1 and dhcp is enabled with ateway as ebox, dns search is "none" primary and secondary name servers are the same as sonicwall, but I cant get internet on the computers hooked to the switch.  ???

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:06:05 am »
You have to set your default gateway to the computers in your LAN to your internal interface, which is eth0. Afterwards, if you're using firewall you must allow Web traffic. Firstly, create a service called Web through Services -> Add new. Afterwards, enter into its configuration and add TCP/any/80 and TCP/any/443. After that, go to Firewall->Packet filter->Filtering rules for internal networks and set a rule with the following data:
Code: [Select]
Decision:  ACCEPT
Source: any
Destination: any
Service: Web

Check from your LAN a ping to your external interface to ensure about your connectivity.

Hope this helps a little.
My secret is my silence...

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:38:51 am »
Thanks so much sixstone, that worked  :-*

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile