Author Topic: Zentyal 7 and hosting web site  (Read 819 times)

icemannz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 7 and hosting web site
« on: July 26, 2023, 06:23:38 pm »
Hi all,
I have searched for an answer to hosting a virtual website on Zentyal and it appears it used to be avalable in earlier versions, but not in version 7.
After looking through the directories I can see there are directories that appear to be setup for hosting web sites.
Ie: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
So I went ahead and setup my site in sites-enabled, but for some reason I cannot get it to work.
It shows the normal Zental pages fine, but not the virtual web page.
I have done the apache config test and enabled the virtual site and all seems ok,
but when I try to access the page it just hangs.
Not sure what is wrong.
Hopefully there are many out there who have done this already and know the answer ???

icemannz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 7 and hosting web site
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 07:24:36 am »
no replys at all, does no one know ???

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 7 and hosting web site
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 10:06:11 am »
Hi,

Apache is installed and used by Zentyal for the module Webmail, so you can create (/etc/apache2/sites-available/website.conf), configure and enable (a2ensite website) a new virtualhost in Apache without issues, just ensure that the ServerName directive exists and a DNS record is created. Also, don't forget to restart Apache2 service after enabling the site (sudo systemctl restart apache2).

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".