Author Topic: Is the captain still on board?  (Read 1328 times)

dzidek23

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is the captain still on board?
« on: March 30, 2022, 12:26:03 pm »
I'm really interested with the state of Zentyal development. We see little to no activity in this forum, no moderation and some SPAM sneaking in.
[EDIT] SPAM just got cleared - so there is some moderation [/EDIT]

The Zentyal Github hasn't been updated for over 11 months. Issues are not even acknowledged with last Admin note from Jan this year.

What is going on, is Zentyal dying!?

I've been testing Zenytal for couple months now (with the idea that once proved suitable I'll make my bosses to pay for the commercial version). If there's no sign of life in the project, is it worth even looking at it?

Zentyal is an ideal solution, easy to install and configure, Debian based, with clear and simple menu. No other competitor suit me like Zentyal, but I'm concerned about the longevity of the project.
Will we see any updates, is there future in Zentyal?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:28:39 pm by dzidek23 »

webmaster

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Is the captain still on board?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 11:08:42 am »
Hi dzidek23,

Thank you for your post and for your interest in our company!

Regarding your question, I would like to inform you that Zentyal has been going through both a growth and transition phase with its expansion to the US market. Now that the direction is firm, a development path has crystallized and we are currently working on the new version to be released soon.  :)

Kind regards,

The Zentyal Team

dzidek23

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Is the captain still on board?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 12:45:02 pm »
Thank you for the reassuring.

I really would like to see Zentyal come back to live.

Gesforeda Sl. (extinguida) - I'm no Spanish speaker but that means.. Terms and conditions need upadting  ;) :-X