Author Topic: NTP and Logging on 10.11.100 Hardy  (Read 1894 times)

pwalsh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
NTP and Logging on 10.11.100 Hardy
« on: May 18, 2008, 11:38:17 pm »
First let me say, I am new to this platform but I think it is excellent so far.

I have it installed on a xen vm of hardy and it went very well, however NTP and events refuse to "Start" and the logs aren't showing any content.  Am I missing something?  I have succesfully set it up as a domain controller in a test scenario which is the main thing I need it for. 

A couple other less important notes, my Dell laptop also running hardy won't get an IP from the server with wireless, or rather it does get one but then drops it immediately. my other systems wireless and not are working with it.  It would be great if the dhcp section showed current leases and mac addresses.  One weakness I found was that you had to have mac address info to create a computer.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-Phillip

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: NTP and Logging on 10.11.100 Hardy
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:57:09 am »
First let me say, I am new to this platform but I think it is excellent so far.

I have it installed on a xen vm of hardy and it went very well, however NTP and events refuse to "Start" and the logs aren't showing any content.  Am I missing something?  I have successfully set it up as a domain controller in a test scenario which is the main thing I need it for. 

In order to start events module you must enable any watcher and dispatcher. Logs must data to show. Check Logs->Configure logs to know which modules are enabled to log and select your purging policy.

A couple other less important notes, my Dell laptop also running hardy won't get an IP from the server with wireless, or rather it does get one but then drops it immediately. my other systems wireless and not are working with it.  It would be great if the dhcp section showed current leases and mac addresses.  One weakness I found was that you had to have mac address info to create a computer.
-Phillip

Your suggestion about leases is already done you can track it in ticket #999 [1]. MAC address is used to avoid IP tampering in firewall, anyway the MAC address in a object's member is optional.

Hope this helps.

[1] http://trac.ebox-platform.com/ticket/999
My secret is my silence...