Author Topic: [SOLVED} Initial setup issues: modules not visible, config changes not saved  (Read 1378 times)

basselope

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
I have installed Zentyal 5.0.

After reboot, the web admin interface is not available but can be reached after a service zentyal stop/start .

The configuration is incomplete and the server is not connected to the network yet.

However it looks like I cannot proceed with the setup as:

- I cannot see anything in Software Management/Zentyal Components - it is now empty

- If I try and configure some System (ex. Date and time) or Network parameters the changes are not getting saved as the network service is in an unknown state.

The only modules I can see and are activated are network (in an unknown state) and logs.

Is there a chance to restart the configuration from scratch as the other modules were present on first access?

Is it possible to proceed to the configuration offline, knowing that services will not be working correctly until the server is actually connected to a network?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:16:36 pm by basselope »

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Seems that the new packages have install problems. I had the same problem on a new install.

Install the 5.01 Dev iso. When you get to the config wizard DO NOT install anything.

Click the skip button. Complete the wizard by setting up the network. At this point make sure you have a working network in the webadmin and it is enabled before continuing.

After that is done open the console with root privileges.

At the command prompt enter "apt-get autoremove" and let it finish. This will make sure that the system is clean.

Next enter "apt-get install zentyal-firewall" and let it install. Once it is done go to the webadmin and add the firewall rules that you need and save the changes.

Once this is done all the other packages will install.

basselope

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile