Author Topic: egroupware: Problem to map ebox user to felamimail mailname  (Read 1378 times)

relax

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
egroupware: Problem to map ebox user to felamimail mailname
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:54:56 pm »
Due to some practical reasons we use for ebox "User Name" not the real username.

eg.

User Name: hzbiga1 (login name used everywhere eg. XP login)
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Gates

It's obvious that the mailname should not be hzbiga1@domain.com, so i've set the ebox mail account to Bill.Gates@domain.com and changed egroupware configuration to use fistname.lastname@domain.con in place of username@domain.com.

So far everything is fine. Mail account is created under /var/vmail/domain.com/bill.gates and can be accessed using an Outlook Client (folder and mails are displayed). When using felamimail the correct mailname (bill.gates@domain.com) is displayed but there are no folders and mails.  

I found that felamimail is displaying firstname.lastname@domain.com as account but tries to retrieve mails from username@domain.com. As workaround I can change the "Mail Server Login Type" (egw setup) to "email" and everything works as expected. The problem is that this option is overwritten to default "Virtual Mail Manager" on a system restart.

How can I set ebox/egroupware to use permanently email as login type?