Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal 4.0 File Sharing Not Working  (Read 1696 times)

sheshman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Zentyal 4.0 File Sharing Not Working
« on: March 15, 2017, 08:33:52 am »
Hi All,

I was dealing with a problem since 4 days and i solved,i'm writing down so maybe somebody needed in the future :)

I've installed fresh 4.0 to my server and configured Domain,DHCP,HTTP Proxy,Antivirus,Printers etc. I've installed new server as "192.168.1.251" after completed the configuration,i've shutdown my old server and changed ip address as "192.168.1.254",and problems started after this part, all modules were working well but strangely samba has stopped to work, it wasn't allow me to create new folder sharing,so started to search on internet and found so many solutions but none of them fixed the problem.

After 4 days i did run this command "samba_dnsupdate" output was like below;

Code: [Select]
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/printers.conf"
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/shares.conf"
ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
; Communication with 192.168.1.251#53 failed: operation canceled
could not talk to any default name server
Failed update of 3 entries
then it hit me, somehow in some config file old ip address was remain and samba was trying to lookup server's old ip address.

I've checked every single config file but i couldn't be able to find old ip address in it.

Fix : Network->Interfaces->Create a new virtual interface with old ip address->Goto terminal->sudo su->samba_dnsupdate.

That's it,file sharing and samba fully operational again.

:)