Author Topic: HELP - Keep getting Not Enough Disk Space on Shares  (Read 3227 times)

ahavelind

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
HELP - Keep getting Not Enough Disk Space on Shares
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:50:01 am »
Anyone,

Please help.  I am about to throw in the towel and go to another SW if I can't get this to work properly.  I had set up eBox (new 1.2 install with all defaults) on a machine and it ran fine at home.  I then brought it to my work.  I am most interested in using File share and PDC.  I added a bunch of shares and group shares.  I created 40 users.  The PDC part seems to work, but the File sharing is very spotty.  We keep getting "There is not enough disk space..." errors.  I've tried several things from the forum, but none work.  I've rem'd out the Full audit lines in /etc/samba/smb.conf (of course it reverts when samba is edited).  I've even now upgraded to 1.4 (with a lot of difficulty) and still the same thing.  It only seems to happen to some of the users by the way.  I need a stable system otherwise the File Sharing is useless.

On a side note:  The Printer module keeps showing FAIL on the boot up of the server and can't get any printer sharing to work (even though the module shows up in the Webgui). 
I can't seem to do upgrades via the Webgui, nor the command line without changing my etc/network/interfaces to read "allow-hotplug". I think that's what worked, but it was very flaky.

Please help before I pull my hair out.  Thanks

-Ahavelind

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP - Keep getting Not Enough Disk Space on Shares
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:15:17 pm »
Most obvious question would be ... do you have enough disk space?

Had similar problem too when I enabled backup. It basically copies everything to a backup folder. Now if you have that folder on your ebox that would be useless.

Do you have backup enabled? Is the backup folder on the same drive? Delete the folder where you saved the backup and disable it.

Also check quotas.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:18:43 pm by eboxbuggy »

ahavelind

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »
I agree, sometimes the simple solution is ignored, but this is a new eBox setup with very little data on it.  I have backed up config data, but nothing else.  It is set up with a 500gb hard drive.   also, only some of the folders show the fault. 
The stranger thing is that it only occurs on some shares.  I've set the quota to 1000mb on the users shares and of course there is no 'quota' for the group shares (which I don't like).  I've deleted and recreated some of the shares in question and it fixes it.  Now even my (admin) home directory is doing it.  Haven't tried deleting my account yet though.  It's like the shares are getting corrupted.

Any ideas?

By the way - This occurred with eBox 1.2 and then I upgraded to 1.4.  Some shares started working.  Now my home drive is bad.

c4rdinal

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:26 am »
Hi,

I had the same problem. I found out that it's a permission issue. Try giving an administrator permission over the share and you'll see what I mean.

I've seen the ACL tutorial in the documentation and see if that will help you.

Regards

ahavelind

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:08:01 pm »
Can you clarify what you mean?  I am an administrator and and get the faults.  I also set all the appropriate users as Administrators of the folder (as this is the only way that they can edit eachothers files).  They get the faults.  I currently get the folder space faults on my own home folder.   I have to assume I an an administrator of my own files! 
This weekend may be my last attemp to make Ebox work.  I am seeing a lot of permissions and quota problems in the forum and may have to revert to MS Server 2008.  Please help before I have to go that route.
I am going to try deleting everyone's accounts and recreating them this weekend to see if that works.  Any ideas if/how they could be corrupt?

ahavelind

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 08:12:45 pm »
Any Ebox Technicians able to help on this?  Very frustrated with this SW.  Now I can't even delete users.  Please help.

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 04:31:01 am »
Any Ebox Technicians able to help on this?  Very frustrated with this SW.  Now I can't even delete users.  Please help.

If all else fails reinstall and try again  ;D

Have you tried doing clean install of 1.4? You will however need to have separate hardware for master and another one for samba.

My 1.2 worked fine before I started with 1.4. Try to set quota to 5000MB.

sidmax

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 06:03:13 pm »

Look at my post here:

http://forum.ebox-platform.com/index.php?topic=3298.0

Maybe it can solve..

Sidmax