Author Topic: Locale and web interface problem...  (Read 1543 times)

northwood

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Locale and web interface problem...
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:33:48 am »
All greetings. Let me tell you about my problem. So...
I've installed eBox 1.4 few day ago. I needed Russian locale. And during the installation process, in Russian, I had failed. But that's OK, I read about it here. Then I installed the system with the English locale, and later brought the Russian. Now after enter locale command I get all the variables "ru_RU.UTF-8". Also I changed language settings from English to Russian in web interface. It seems to be all ok, but the problem occurs when I type in web forms user interface and save settings.
Example, page for web-mail settings. Before changes page looks great in Russian, but if I enter cyrillic webmail title and save settigs, the page can not be read (text in form - fine, text in page damaged). If I change the text back to English and save - I can read the page again. This problem manifests itself in almost forms of information which falls into the database.
Please answer, this problem could be solved in my case or not? If yes, how?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 12:13:55 pm by northwood »

northwood

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Locale and web interface problem...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:32 am »
Please tell me who uses a national character set (other than Russian) if you have a problem of this kind? I assume that there is a discrepancy encodings web interface, database and scripts.
This is not a critical problem because server provides the required functions properly and I'm pleased with it. I just wanted to recommend to the server for people without strong skills of system administration. And in this case it would be helpful to describe the objects (services, policies, filtering rules ...) in their native language.