Author Topic: Nasty Bug after installing Mail Module  (Read 1742 times)

claudekenni

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Nasty Bug after installing Mail Module
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »
i i did setup my ebox without the mail module, today i install the mail module.
Then i wanted to edit a user and i got following error Message

Code: [Select]
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::MailAliasLdap::accountAlias No such object
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::MailAliasLdap::accountAlias No such object at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 615
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Search=HASH(0x8f3f778)', 'HASH(0xa9e22bc)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 277
EBox::Ldap::search('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0x93f3820)', 'HASH(0xa9e22bc)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/MailAliasLdap.pm line 392
EBox::MailAliasLdap::accountAlias('EBox::MailAliasLdap=HASH(0x9dfc290)', 'undef') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/MailUserLdap.pm line 353
EBox::MailUserLdap::_userAddOns('EBox::MailUserLdap=HASH(0x81dbdf8)', 'kehret') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1629
EBox::UsersAndGroups::allUserAddOns('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0x93f38b0)', 'kehret') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/UsersAndGroups/User.pm line 50
EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User::_process('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0x8fb5408)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 261
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0x8fb5408)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'UsersAndGroups/User', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xa9e24cc)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xa85b244)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xa85b244)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xa9e24cc)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty Bug after installing Mail Module
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:40 pm »
I'm getting something similar to that, but only after installing the mail module. I ended up just uninstalling it for now. What version of eBox are you using?

claudekenni

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »
1.2.x

edit: after uninstalling the mail module, the bug was gone. But i need the Mail module.
May it be that ebox is looking for an "accountAlias" type of object in the ldap db?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:56:45 pm by claudekenni »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »
I have no clue. I'm getting the problem in 1.4 and you're probably on 1.2.6 now which, from what I've seen in thread on the forum, looks like it's pulling some tweaks from the 1.4 codebase. This means you're gonna have the same issues I am having. Best thing to do is try to fix it yourself. If you can't, install all the other programs that mail usually installs manually. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but if you figure it out, I wouldn't mind you posting them here. I also need those I think.

gadget

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 10:46:46 am »
I had this error after a reinstall with version 1.4 over 1.3. The account I was trying to set up had been created on the old install. I just hit the back key at this point and the account info was all there from before and it worked ok. ;D

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:59:01 am »
What was the issue?

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 03:25:57 pm »
Seems to me a LDAP error. Have you upgraded your eBox? if so, from which version?.

To fix this you can try this steps:

1. in the console run the command 'sudo /usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module mail'
    2. go to the administrative web interface to 'Module status' and enable the mail module again

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:38:43 am »
Ah yeah, that's a good idea. I was going to do that but already uninstalled it. I'll try that tonight to see if it works. Hopefully that'll help you claudekenni.