Author Topic: Zentyal 4.2 Traffic Shaping?  (Read 1818 times)

yodabug

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 4.2 Traffic Shaping?
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:42:47 pm »
Hi,

I've been looking for the traffic shaping component of zentyal 4.2 development and cannot find it. I can't even find a reference to it. All references to Zentyal traffic shaping are related to 4.0 and below. Is there no traffic shaping component for zentyal 4.2 development and if so why not?

Do I need to install the domain module to get it?

I am running Zentyal as a gateway/firewall/UTM and it is awesome. This is my first time using a Linux based solution as opposed to going out and purchasing a home gateway such as my last purchase Netgears R6300, which I still use as my AP. Anyways, it would be awesome to add in a traffic shaping module so I can allow the important packets from my home priority access..gaming packets being the most important - lol.

I tried the new release of Pf Sense and it quite frankly it is a bit buggy on my system (Dell XPS 630i) it will not get a WAN IP no matter what I do...the other solutions I tried are giving similar issues..who ever heard of a network card that won't install on Linux (ClearOS) ..but I digress.

Anyways, Thanks ALL. Either-way Zentyal rocks.
============================
Where I work you can name your own salary,
 I like to call mine Hulio.
============================