Author Topic: zen 4.1 , no printer access  (Read 884 times)

kokodin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
zen 4.1 , no printer access
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:56:08 am »
Hello.
Once again i had to reinstall server infrastructure in my school, and everything seems to work ok. But i noticed that i cant install printers propertly.

box specs are core2duo e7300 4gb ddr2 666 in dual and sata2 storage there is also 2 networking cards , one for local acces and one for outside acces
box runs zential 4.1 development 64bit as a aditional domaincontroller,
this server serves as a backup file server and printserver

what i did is full uninterupted installation of zentyal 4.1 with most of the components
there is no errors messages and everything seems to play nice
firewall is open in all directions
cups is running
test pages are being printed from cups on all printers from both interfeces set to listening
printers are shared and seen by zentyal admin interface
samba file shares and acl work

what does not work
there is no printers share seen from windows box
there is no printers icons in main server share directory
anonymous access doesn't do anything
acl shows printers in main server share but i can't install them because  "canot access the printer" message pop up

kokodin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: zen 4.1 , no printer access
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:55:15 pm »
sorry for bumping the topic, but is there any thing different with printer interface in zentyal 4.1 than in 3.2?

How to configure shared printers to work? because i cant figure this out, i don't know which logs to look into. i did everything the same as in the zentyal 3.2 and printers still refuse do work. and the only right for rte printer which i can assign to a user is "print" and there is no "manage" or any other label to assign

if i am talking chaotically, i am sorry but i spent last 6 weeks on workstation installations and i can barely see