Author Topic: Windows 7 Home Premium not seeing network  (Read 910 times)

opalit

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Windows 7 Home Premium not seeing network
« on: January 24, 2015, 02:54:30 pm »
I have an SBS 2011 network and it is fine with Windows 7 home premium machines that are not joined to the domain, they can still see the server and map drives without entering passwords as long as the local login name and password matches that of the domain login details, I have a number of customers who need to replace their SBS 2003 server so I am experimenting with zentyal, I have installed it and it works fine, I can log Windows 7 pro machines on to the domain and they work just great, I can see the shares and map drive letters, I have set it up to emulate my above SBS 2011 network

However a Windows 7 home premium or a pro machine not joined to the domain can not see the network at all, but they see the SBS network server when connected to that network, the 2 networks are separate, to use the machines on the test network the cables for the non domain machines are swapped over to the test networks router, the test machine domain joined is a new pro installation.

Many customer have laptops and home premium machines that need to connect to the network, what have I not done that will let these machines see the zentyal network just as they see the SBS2011 network
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:57:30 pm by opalit »