Author Topic: Mailing from outlook POP or IMAP account not possible, Mail module not activated  (Read 877 times)

darylkeizer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
All,

I can't send mails from local network to outside. I don't use the mail module and my local domain has the same name as my web domain. That gives me issue's. Added forwarders to my gateway and ISP public IP.
Clients use outlook with POP/Imap accounts configured.

Advice??

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Hello: If Zentyal has in DNS Module the DNS yourdomai.tld, then it does not matter how many forwarders you add, I'm afraid. Zentyal will be authoritative for that domain and will not query the forwarders for queries regarding such a domain.

If you need such an environment, then I would suggest you to copy any needed record from your ISP domain(MX A CNAME; SRV, TXT) to Zentyal Domain. Altarnatively, you may make zentyal to use a different domain

darylkeizer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I think I will change the domain name. The user profiles would need to be changed also, do you think they will be updated automatically if I changed the domain name? I'm new with Zentyal.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Hello

Changing domain is a delicate process and involves reprovisioning the domain, involving creating accounts back and rejoining computers to the domain. If you care for existent data I would suggest t go for first option unless you have time to test and plan a new install moving any needed data

darylkeizer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Oke will try first option. it is a 5 user LAN so recreating the profiles wouldn't be such a big job to do.