Author Topic: [solved] Organizational Units  (Read 1323 times)

adamb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[solved] Organizational Units
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »
I thought 4.0 is a direct drop in for Microsoft AD?  I can't seem to figure out a way to manage organizational units from the web gui.  To top it off, if you try to manage them through RSAT it either breaks the user or the user won't work at all.  Im just blown away by the lack of functionality in the GUI. 

Does anyone know of a way to do this without breaking everything?  As it sits right now, OU's in zentyal are pretty much useless as there is no way to move objects around within OU's.  I would put the users in groups but I can't force policies on groups.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:27:30 pm by adamb »

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Organizational Units
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »
Hello :

Web GUI does not provide moving users between OU's. Nevertheless doing so through RSAT should work. In which sense do you perceive it to "break the user"?

Finally you could use GPO filters in RSAT to restrict a GPO to a particular group

adamb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »
I appreciate the input.  After some digging I found this was a user error on our end.  I have confirmed that we can indeed use RSAT to administer the users and groups.  My mistake, so far zentyal is working pretty well for our environment. 

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »
Great to hear ;) Plesase stamp [solved] to the thread title if this has been solved for you ;)