Author Topic: [Solved] Zentyal 4.0.5 - Windows 8 not joining domain correctly  (Read 1774 times)

adrianhartopp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I can join a Windows 7 machine to my domain without errors and the machine shows up in the "Computers" listing however any Windows 8 machine I try and join to the domain accepts the credentials I submit, tells me I have to restart my machine to complete the join and, upon restart, shows the new domain as one I can log into.
The problem is this, the machine isn't listed on my DC under the Computers section. Also, Win8 won't let me configure parts of the OS that I want to change i.e. User Credentials.

Is there a "fudge" I need to make to Win8 to make it join the domain correctly, or is there a change to Zentyal that I need to update to allow Win8 machines to join the domain properly?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:23:45 pm by adrianhartopp »

adrianhartopp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0.5 - Windows 8 not joining domain correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »
I've solved this problem and can now join a Windows 8.1 machine to a Zentyal 4 domain. The resolution was two-fold.

1. Add the following DWORD registry keys to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
    DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0
    DomainCompatibilityMode = 1

2. Remove windows update KB2992611 and exclude it from installing again.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

mmekimia

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] Zentyal 4.0.5 - Windows 8 not joining domain correctly
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
Hi , i was about to reply to your post because I just saw the same solution in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGsOTtb-17s