Author Topic: Webmail not showing email  (Read 804 times)

eswbitto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Webmail not showing email
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
Hello peeps,

I'm trying to determine why I can't see any email in webmail. I'm doing some testing to see if zentyal will be a viable replacement to exchange.

So the test scenario:

I have setup a test user on zentyal and sent an email to our actual email server (thus sending myself an email) I receive it fine and when I reply to the email to see if the zentyal server is getting the email. I have a couple of logs that say the email was sent to and from with success and delivered to inbox. So I should be seeing email in the test user's inbox (via webmail), but I've refreshed and also changed the amount of time when it fetches the email and it still is showing up blank.

Does anyone have any idea why this is being caused and if they know a work around.

EDIT:

So to further give information. I have setup a domain name for the server "zent.test.lan" so in order to create a email account you have to setup a virtual domain which I called "zent.lan"

When I create a user (test) and try to email the user at   test@zent.test.lan that's where when I look at the logs it shows the email was put into the mailbox, but no email shows up in the webmail gui.

When I use the virtual domain name test@zent.lan and try to send an email to that one it doesn't go through. I get a message back from exchange saying that the domain doesn't exist.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:14:39 pm by eswbitto »