Author Topic: 3.5: Mail forwarding loop  (Read 1872 times)

EddieA

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
3.5: Mail forwarding loop
« on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:01 am »
I'm trying to set up a way to receive mail for my domain but not have the hassle of trying to do the spam/virus detection myself.  I also need all the mail to be delivered to the Zentyal server, where individual users can grab it using their favourite mail client.

What I tried to do is use the Mail Hosting of my domain registry.  This allows me to create as many mailboxes as I need for my domain.  I then configured the External Retrieval Service to pull the mail, via POP, from the registry server and put it into each user's mailbox.

Unfortunately this causes the mail to be bounced:
Code: [Select]
Nov 13 22:30:27 zentyal postfix/pipe[30454]: 8DB711FFF5: to=<joeblow@mydomain.net>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.14, delays=0.09/0.01/0/0.04, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail forwarding loop for joeblow@mydomain.net)
I have set up Zentyal as part of my domain:  mydomain.net.  The user joeblow has an account on Zentyal.  The mail hosting is set up to receive the mail for joeblow@mydomain.net, and store it in a mailbox named "joeblow@mydomain.net", which is where I pull it from.

Is this a legitimate mail loop, as I'm pulling from a POP server, which is not part of mydomain.net, and asking it to be put to a local user, not relayed on via SMTP.

Is there any way this can be set up.

Cheers.

khvahik

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 3.5: Mail forwarding loop
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:51:38 am »
I am looking for the same solution. I can receive emails from my domain on godaddy but can not authenticate with godaddy to send email.
Any solution?