Author Topic: local public share  (Read 943 times)

izaakrach

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
local public share
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:42:52 pm »
Hello,

I'm a first time Zentyal user but a veteran of Samba.  Though this is the first Samba 4 install for me.  In any case I have a share called public which I want anyone and everyone in the building to be able to access including the copy machine.  The problem is that anyone can see all of the files but not access anything but their own.  This includes the copy machine.  If I scan something to the share and then try and access it from windows explorer, it says access denied.  I checked the box that said guest access.  Could someone tell me what I missed?  In Samba 3.x I would have added a directory mask and a create mask of 0777 and it would have just worked.  I can't seem to find any settings like that in zentyal or in the samba.conf file for that matter.

Thanks,

Todd

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: local public share
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:16:56 am »
Couple of points to ask:
1.Did you add all your user groups to the ACL of the share with read/write access?
2.Be aware the public shares used to cause problems with sysvol stopping domain computer policies being propagated (I'm not sure if this is fixed in current versions)

izaakrach

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: local public share
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:46:59 pm »
Yep I have all of the users set up in the ACL.  For testing purposes I changed everyone to domain admins and it still doesn't work.  The users complain that if they scan a document from the scanner and then move that file anywhere in any of the subfolders that they have no access to rename the file or to delete it.