Author Topic: zentyal 4.0 as zentyal 3.3 adtional domain controler  (Read 1309 times)

ypatrick

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
zentyal 4.0 as zentyal 3.3 adtional domain controler
« on: September 18, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
Hi all,

I've just installed zentyal 4 and everythings works fine, at least until now. I also have another (zentyal 3.3) that support 200 users.
My goal is to migrate the users  to the new server without loss of information, so that they can connect to the new server seamlessly. To do so, i would configure the new server (zentyal 4.0) as an aditional domain controler

I would like a feedback, If someone has already tested, or should know about how to proceed.

Thank you in advance

dboado

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: zentyal 4.0 as zentyal 3.3 adtional domain controler
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 12:07:38 pm »
I have the same case nowadays. There should be more documentation for typical cases. Nobody in their right mind apply a major version in the same machine. Once you have configured the new server, you shutdown the older and start to work with the new one.
The biggest problem I am finding in this forum is that all the unsolved topics still unsolved from years (versions) ago.
Zentyal's developers: Migration is the right way! Not to clone servers or restore backups, but we need the tools to do it. Why we cannot export the configuration from one simple module to other server in a simple file? if I have the same objects and services in both servers It should be possible!!!