Author Topic: Multi-Branch support in Zentyal 4.0  (Read 1981 times)

zachso

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Multi-Branch support in Zentyal 4.0
« on: September 06, 2014, 01:59:01 pm »
Hello!

I would like to use Zentyal 4.0 to rebuild the complete Windows Domain Infrastructure at our company. We have three offices and at the moment, each office has its own Server and each Server is its own Domain and everything is separated.

I would like to change that and have a main Office with the PDC and the other two offices with only RODC (read only domain controller). Is this setup possible with zentyal and has someone actually tried this in production already? The offices are connected over a standard ADSL connection, but one is only connected with 3g. Therefore the "resync" after a lost connection to the PDC must be stable in order for this to work.

Hope a few of you have some experiences to share.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Branch support in Zentyal 4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »
Hello RODC is not implemented in Zentyal yet, I think. Actually, this featire is still WIP in samba4 software:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC#Joining_a_domain_as_a_RODC_.28Status_for_a_work_in_progress.29

zachso

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Branch support in Zentyal 4.0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:45:43 am »
I asked the Samba guys in their IRC channel and they said its kind of untested but should work, there might be some problems with the caching as far as I understood. They also said the wiki article is outdated and someone should update that, whoever that someone might be ;)

I think I will implement a small testsystem with a few VMs, maybe I get this going.