Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal 3.5 - HTTPS Services - turned off 443 to Zentyal Webadm - ERROR  (Read 2427 times)

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Under - Zentyal Administration port and other reverse proxy service ports

I unchecked the Zentyal Webadmin from 443.

Now I am getting getting the following error:

"Wrong HTTP referer detected, operation cancelled for security reasons"

When trying to select items in the Dashboard - such as turning on/off modules and installing/deleting modules, as well as other things.

I can not select the Zentyal Webadmin to use 443 anymore.  It gives me the same error as above.

Any ideas what is causing the error?

Thanks,

-SF-
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:28:09 am by shadowfire »

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Just to make sure you know - yes I saw the following links in the forum - but they don't really fix my problem.

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=4078.0

and

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=18548.0

I need a solution - even if it means going into a config file and adjusting it so I have Webadmin starting on 443 again.

Thanks,

-SF-

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
In the Zentyal WebGUI Dashboard I am currently getting an ongoing issue with the following error that pops up when I select option and try to change settings.

(!) Wrong HTTP referer detected, operation cancelled for security reasons

I am unable to make changes now in the interface due to this issue and it will not allow me to select and apply properly to the components in the WebGUI Dashboard.

I have tried the fix in forums on the following link:

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,4078.0.html

Update:
It was a Firefox issue:

about:config
network.http.sendRefererHeader value 0 --> Standard/default is 2
changed it and bingo.

But it didn't fix my servers problem - and seeing that the only browser in LXDE in Zentyal is firefox - this is a big issue and I am unable to find the correct fix.  I have tried to go snooping around in /usr/share  where all the zentyal directories or and see if I can find a place to fix the setting for Administation port setting from 443 to another port number... such as 61443 (I guess that is the default???)

aywho this what comes up when I do a the following command:

$ netstat -tlnp | grep 443

(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -               
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:61443         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -               
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:62443         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      - 

So how can I get the port changed from 443 to another one through cli?

What file can I locate and adjust to allow it to reflect in the Dashboard and stop the error?

Thoughts? ideas?  help?

-SF-
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:05:06 pm by shadowfire »

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
I decided that it was so wacked with the message "(!) Wrong HTTP referer detected, operation cancelled for security reasons" at every turn that I decided to remove haproxy (you could probably just remove zentyal - like sudo apt-get remove zentyal) and it was wanting to take everything out.  So I just went with it.  Saddly  I had to do this.. but oh well.  I got it working.  (Note: I am running community edition at this location)

Interestingly Zentyal was now setup with old settings in the resolv to where it gave me an issue getting to webpages and pinging them ... but I could ping ip address ok.  So I went to the resolv.conf and put in my gateway address and a external name server ( 8.8.8.8 ).  After that I was able to get to webpages again and ping anything I normally could.

So then I just reinstalled everything ( sudo apt-get install zentyal)  During the install it ask what Administration port would be and I kept it as default.

After reinstall was done, I just went to the Web GUI and added all the modules back.  My information was still intacted for the most part.

I was able to get to everything without the silly "(!) Wrong HTTP referer detected, operation cancelled for security reasons" message anymore.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,

-SF-