Author Topic: I can not log into domain  (Read 1258 times)

Adyp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I can not log into domain
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:14:45 am »
I installed 3.4 Zenty about 20 users, domain, dhcp. After a few months of use on 2 computers can not I login with any user (user or wrong password). We put computers in the field, we have introduced again but the problem is the same. I see no error, all modules are ok.
Please help me.

Federal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I can not log into domain
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »
What OS is the client? If it's windows try logging onto the local machine and deleting the user profiles for the domain. Re-join domain and see if that works.

Adyp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:11:49 am »

I deleted the user profile, we introduced back in the field and the same user or wrong password. I attached the Windows event on that computer.

Federal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:17 am »
Hi, first thing is I'm not a Windows or Zentyal expert - I don't think I've ever read a log in my life!. I only experienced this once, so I'll go through exactly what I did to fix it.
In Zentyal Manage Users, check to see if the computer name is in the list. If it is delete it.
There should be an account in here called Administrator (If you have named any other accounts Administrator this could be confusing, but I have noticed that the main logon name for my Zentyal installation isn't in there, so I guess from having set up Samba outside of Zentyal and knowing there is a default account called Administrator that this is what this is. Reset the password for Administrator.
On windows log onto the local machine (not a domain account, must be a local machine account)
Go to System, Advanced System Settings, User profiles - delete all profiles except the one you are logged on with (it won't let you anyway) and the default profile (again it shouldn't let you delete this). If you are unable to delete any of the ones you need to get rid of (there may be some that say Unknown Profile) Then go to Task Manager and sign them out - try again. You should only have 2 profiles left when finished.
Go to the Computer Name tab at the top. Click the network ID button and follow the wizard. Wherever it asks for a username and password use the Administrator account - don't try with another user. Domain name is just the capital NETBIOS, no need for the tld.
The system will need a reboot when completed. Log in as the administrator using the DOMAIN\Administrator in the username box (I'm using windows 8 here, can't remember what a WIN7 logon looks like). If this logs on OK then you should be fine to log out and log back in as any user set up on Zentyal.

Hope this helps - I appreciate everyone has different issues and this may not be the solution, but it worked for me.

Adyp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
I tried as you said, we have introduced computer in the field but says that the user login password or field is not good.
Let me login with user.domeniu \ domeniu.com and password related.
I think everything on the server is a domain because I introduced a new computer but behaves as login user password or domain that is not good.
I do not know what to do.

Federal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 01:18:35 pm »
Hi,

I don't have much idea what else to try. The only thing I can think to check is that the PC time is synchronised with the server as Kerberos will not like it if there is too much difference.

Adyp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:55 am »
On the computer that I can log into the field I run in cmd net time and I got error and no access and can not get the time. Fixed the "net time / set".

Federal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:04 am »
Hi, sorry I'm not going to be any help. I've ditched Zentyal as there is no support unless you pay for it. It will never be a true Exchange replacement as it only supports activesync on non Microsoft products. The cost for support was so much I decided to subscribe to the basic Office 365 license that gives you 1Tb of storage per user and true exchange services. As I only have 2 users this was 20% of the support cost for Zentyal.