Author Topic: Zentyal 3.5 - Users, Computers and File Sharing module stops when I reboot  (Read 4495 times)

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!   I have done all the recent updates and fixed most of my issues that I have come across.  I am now finding that when I reboot the server that the UCFS module (Users, Computers and File Sharing module) stops when I reboot the server.  I don't understand why and can't figure out a fix.

Here is what I get when I turn module off, before I try to restart it.  Hope this helps:

Code: [Select]
Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused at FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 219 EBox::Ldap::safeConnect('EBox::Samba::FSMO=HASH(0x72dd270)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 173 EBox::Ldap::connection('EBox::Samba::FSMO=HASH(0x72dd270)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 473 EBox::Ldap::rootDse('EBox::Samba::FSMO=HASH(0x72dd270)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba/FSMO.pm line 125 EBox::Samba::FSMO::getSchemaMaster('EBox::Samba::FSMO=HASH(0x72dd270)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/LDAP.pm line 84 EBox::Module::LDAP::_connectToSchemaMaster('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4fc5618)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/LDAP.pm line 207 EBox::Module::LDAP::_loadSchemas('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4fc5618)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/LDAP.pm line 263 EBox::Module::LDAP::_performSetup('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4fc5618)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 767 EBox::Samba::_regenConfig('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4fc5618)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 234 eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 233 EBox::Module::Base::save('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4fc5618)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 651 eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 650 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x3c7d9a0)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16a0578)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x3ca8490)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16a0578)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32 eval {...} at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 30

Any help with this will be greatly appreacited.

Thanks,

-SF-

dj123

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I was having the same problem during initial configuration and found that switching my Ethernet interface to "External" seemed to fix it.

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
I was having the same problem during initial configuration and found that switching my Ethernet interface to "External" seemed to fix it.

So with my setup I am doing a gateway.  eth0 and eth1  (WAN and LAN).  I have my WAN network interface already setup for "External", Your saying I should the set the other LAN network interface for "External" as well?  This should take away the problem????  I pretty sure the way I have it is the way it is suppose to be.

Thanks

-SF-

dj123

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
No, I only have one NIC so my problem must have been different (or that wasn't what fixed it).

JackTheHat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Yes I get a similar error. It just says stopped in the module status widget, With no option to start it.  Is there a manual way to start the module? via command line or something.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:01:56 pm by JackTheHat »

The Knew Guy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
There's a patch for this that I guess hasn't made it into the official build.

https://tracker.zentyal.org/issues/1090#note-13

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
There's a patch for this that I guess hasn't made it into the official build.

https://tracker.zentyal.org/issues/1090#note-13

I have noticed that my UCF (Users,Computers, and File sharing) module seems to have a mind of it's own when the server is left alone for a time.  I can come back in a day or two and I find that the UCF module is now off - even though the Module status shows it checked.   To manually fix this (which is slightly annoying) I have to shutdown printers, and then UCF module, and then restart UCF and then printers module.  In that order or I get errors otherwise.   Just to make sure this doesn't slip through the cracks, do you think that the patch above will also fix the problem above or is this something else that need to have someone take a look.  Let me know if I can send you a log file or information on this that might help your cause.

Thanks,

-SF-
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:30:55 pm by shadowfire »

jgould

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
The changes on github in that bug thread (https://github.com/Zentyal/zentyal/pull/1405) are in the latest build. All those changes are in my system. The issue still exists. I just checked the patch noted in the thread for ldap.pm and it is not been added. I added the changes but won't be able to check if it solved my problem until later tonight. I suspect it will but isn't the fix they want to implement.

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
The changes on github in that bug thread (https://github.com/Zentyal/zentyal/pull/1405) are in the latest build. All those changes are in my system. The issue still exists. I just checked the patch noted in the thread for ldap.pm and it is not been added. I added the changes but won't be able to check if it solved my problem until later tonight. I suspect it will but isn't the fix they want to implement.

This is one of the main features of Zentyal as a server, I would think that this would have been taken care of ASAP.  I have noticed this bug on the server for next to almost 3 weeks now.  I have had to reboot the server and then stop the UCF (Users,Computers, and File sharing) module and then stop the printer module.    Then start the UCF (Users,Computers, and File sharing) module and then start the printer module.  This is ongoing daily now.  I am hoping they can find a fix quickly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:32:22 pm by shadowfire »

julio

@shadowfire
please post your zentyal log file after following commands (after reboot):

sudo cp /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log.bckp
sudo truncate -s0 /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log
sudo reboot

edited:
try with new zentyal-samba_3.5.3 update
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:18:57 am by julio »

RobinDaun

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
@shadowfire

sudo reboot

edited:

is there a 3.5.3 i only got the 3.5.2 :(

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
@shadowfire

sudo reboot

edited:

I will be out in the field today.  As soon as I get done and get back in the office I will try to get the log to you.  Thanks for the follow up.

-SF-

julio

zentyal-samba_3.5.3 and zentyal-users_3.5.3 is out:
http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal/pool/main/z/zentyal-samba/
zentyal-samba_3.5.3_all.deb & zentyal-users_3.5.3_all.deb

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
zentyal-samba_3.5.3 and zentyal-users_3.5.3 is out:
http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal/pool/main/z/zentyal-samba/
zentyal-samba_3.5.3_all.deb & zentyal-users_3.5.3_all.deb

Thanks for the followup Julio!  I was unable to get to the site with the server.  I will be checking out the server this week when I get a chance to go over there.  I will also be loading the new zentyal-samba_3.5.3 module.  Let you know what I find.

Thanks,

-SF-

wukitech

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.5 - Users, Computers and File Sharing module stops when I reboot
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 10:33:51 pm »
Sorry, but I thing the topic isn't closed. I have tried do deactivate the guest user. The user was still deactivated and so I tried to activate and deactivate but without positive result. After this I tried to create the share over the "user and computers" but also without positive result. I will get every time the same error:
The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba at The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 742 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x2d53ca8)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x1017ea8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x2d53738)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x1017ea8)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32 eval {...} at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 30

Is there an additional idea how to fix it? I'm using zentyal 3.5 with ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

Thanks for help!

Some update: I've checked the user and group of the new share and both are assigned to root. After setting for one share the group "domain users" and "chmod u+w sharename" I'm able to access and modify the share. My interpretation is now that zentyal isn't able to set the correct user/group/access-rights for the shares. Could this be? What is the reason and how to fix within zentyal?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:09:56 pm by wukitech »