Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal 3.5 loses it's DE(sktop) at start up after sudo apt-get update  (Read 1798 times)

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
After following the "How to make a good post" and doing and update on my Zentyal with -

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

I lost the capability of Zentyal desktop coming up.  In other words when I turn the server on it only goes to command prompt.  I believe Zentyal uses LXDE,  I am unsure of the location to configure startx or the DE to start on boot.  Can someone point me in the correct direction to getting my desktop to at startup?

may be their should be a check box in the Zentyal GUI to allow you to turn on DE at bootup or turn it off at bootup?  Maybe put it under General Configuration.  I think that would be nice for those who don't have time to be code monkeys and just want the options on this wonderful SBS.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:09:45 am by shadowfire »

shadowfire

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Just to let you all know, I downloaded the update Zentyal with a Zentyal specific update.  I am trying to remember - it was like Zentyal system or something like that.. but it fixed my DE to start at boot / reboot.

-I still think their should be a check box in the Zentyal GUI to allow you to turn on DE at bootup or turn it off at bootup?  Maybe put it under General Configuration.  I think that would be nice for those who don't have time to be code monkeys and just want the options on this wonderful SBS.

-SF-