Author Topic: [SOLVED]eth0 shows 2 ips, keeps defaulting to a dhcp lease?????  (Read 1251 times)

SgtHamburger

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello,

first time trying to deploy a zentyal box and it's working like a charm so far with one exception, i am excited because i hate selling windows server solutions to clients, but i have to admit i am stymied at the moment.

i have eth0 set static through the web interface, but about every 30 minutes internet access goes down and when i check the dashboard it shows eth0 has changed its ip type to dynamic and called the dhcp server for an ip, thus killing wan access.

setup is configured as follows:

eth0 - static 192.168.0.59 and wan box is checked, this nic runs ethernet into gateway modem on same subnet

eth1 - static and runs lan side, dns and servers dhcp on a 192.168.10.x and it serves clients fine

everything runs great when it works but like i said every once in a while it pulls a dhcp lease and displays 2 ips for the eth0 interface, the static i assigned and a dhcp lease, it says it has 2 ips???

i have resaved and rebooted and restarted net services, any help is greatly appreciated as i need to get out of this office and into another problem as soon as i can!!

Thank You, in advance!

UPDATE: I have to keep resaving the eth0 interface to restore internet access and it finally through an error when i tried to resave with the same static IP, message as follows:

Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

An error happened trying to set the default gateway. Make sure the gateway you specified is reachable. An error happened trying to set the default gateway. Make sure the gateway you specified is reachable. at An error happened trying to set the default gateway. Make sure the gateway you specified is reachable. at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Network.pm line 3859 EBox::Network::_enforceServiceState('EBox::Network=HASH(0x30938f0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 977 EBox::Module::Service::_regenConfig('EBox::Network=HASH(0x30938f0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 234 eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 233 EBox::Module::Base::save('EBox::Network=HASH(0x30938f0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 651 eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 650 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x2e99b28)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x1b23398)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x2ebf6d0)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x1b23398)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32 eval {...} at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 30

Turns out even if you have the nic set to static you still have to go into the DHCP area and uncheck the box that has that interface enabled or it will do this and break your connection... DERP!!!!!!!!
 :o  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:57:48 pm by SgtHamburger »