Author Topic: Strange problem  (Read 2650 times)

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Strange problem
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:16:07 pm »
Hi,

I have installed Ebox platform from the offical iso.

The installation go fine but i have some trouble when some body in the network leave his computer shutdown for two days and then turn on he haven't inet until he let ping to server IP.

Regards

sanket

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Strange problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:53:33 am »
We have the same issue. Users often need to ping ebox (gateway) in order to get internet access. I think this is a bug. Also we have problems pinging ebox from internet on public WAN IP. Virtual IPs on WAN have the same problem. I am also looking for the solution to this. We will try to upgrade ebox packages and see if helps. I will update if there are any positive results.

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:04:56 pm »
The installation go fine but i have some trouble when some body in the network leave his computer shutdown for two days and then turn on he haven't inet until he let ping to server IP.

This is weird. Do they shut down or suspend the computer? What's the OS running on those clients?

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 07:57:14 pm »
Shutdown, suspend it meaningless and all clients are with Windows xp.I didn't define yet the minimum time necessary to show the problem but approximately 18 hours are enough.

HaOsLsE

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
Weird...I thought it was something flaky going on, I had DNS issues I think...and I know I'm having weird issues now.  I cannot access my ebox via https gui or ssh.  I had to reboot firewall last night because of weird issues.  My IP is routing fine...I think the server is blocking/filtering me somehow.  I can actually get to devices behind my server because I put redirects in on intial install...

Since I could get in...I went to a device/pc and I manually put public DNS servers in on those devices...can now resolve and ping from my network..but it cannot open any webpages.

Quick review:

Latest revision just installed clean on an IBM xseries 335 dual xeon raid setup.
Unable to access ebox server, I could a couple hours ago though...
Rebooted Ebox server a couple times and still cannot access or get out on the internet.
Network is up, because I can get to devices behind the firewall via IP.
Worked fine for the last few days.
Currently I am at work...
I remoted into my home network
I can ping out from my home network and resolve names.  

I am new to ebox so it may be something strange with ebox/ubuntu I am not familiar with.

I'm not trying to Hi-Jack...just trying to help...maybe there are bugs that may help us all.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:08:52 pm by HaOsLsE »

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »
Today i spent some time to understand the problem and i didn't invented something until was behind ebox machine then i sit on one of clients machine i define that sometimes restart of machine is enough to  problem show up sometimes when shutdown computer for 3 hours(this is minimum time enough to problem show up).To get inet access i must ping ebox IP or make logoff then login (restart doеsn't help) or turn on repair service for local network from windows.When problem show up i can't get access to ebox machine through any kind browsers even putty doesn't work.

sanket

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 11:48:03 am »
We had the same issue and we upgraded ebox packages to latest version. The problem seems to have resolved now. However, there is still some issue with virtual IPs on WAN.

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:50:45 pm »
I thing found solution of the problem until now my configuration of Firewall-->Packet Filtering-->Filtering rules for internal networks was Source(any) Destination(any) Service(any) yesterday i change to Source(any) Destination(any) Service(any UDP) and Source(any) Destination(any) Service(any TCP) so today i haven't any complaints from clients.

miguitas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:51 am »
I have the same problem, I check the firewall logs and i see that it's blocking the packets, if only ping a outgoing connection or the ebox ip it works. I like if you have active connections there aren't any problem but if you have some inactivity. I make the change proposed in this thread, if it works I communicate it here.

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »
Again i receive complaints from my clients obviously problem is still there but now i suspect another thing after few more test i will write.

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 10:41:18 pm »
Problem was quite interesting yesterday i put some clients behind further router d-link
EBOX--->D-link router--->client
          |
          |-->client
and problem still show up the client no inet until let ping to ebox IP.Now i'm realy confused and please help me because i'm very pleased by ebox platform and don't want to change

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 06:48:51 pm »
i made update to 1.3.10 problem still there ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

sanket

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 01:39:18 pm »
Have you installed any other software tool on ebox machine? It might cause some problem.

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:32 pm »
No i didn't install another software tools.

t_1000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:04 am »
up